Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP Deskjet 1050 All in One J410 Series,

Windows XP

Serial No.[Personal Information Removed]

Model VCVRA-1001

I re-installed software twice without success and unable to Scan, scan dialog box is not opening when double clicked.  Please help as I cannot scan documents to my computer. 

Thanks Milos

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi milos_SD ,

Are you able to print?, You say you tried installing the software twice - do you get some kind of error message if its was not successful - what is the message that you get..

When you click on the scan box fo you get any kind of a message?

I work for HP

Regards,

I worked for HP.
HP Recommended

Yes, I'm able to print - no issues with the printing.

However, when I click on the Scan Icon, nothing happens - no error message pops up or anything..........NOTHING HAPPENS (in limbo), but the fact is that the SCAN function doesn't open up at all and thus I'm unable to use the Scan features.  thank you for any assistance you can provide.  Milos [Personal Information Removed]

HP Recommended

Hi,

Could you try scanning using these steps given in the link http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02661093

From this step on wards in the link

Follow these steps for the Windows XP operating system.

Scanning with Paint
To scan a document using Paint in Windows XP, follow these steps:
NOTE:Before you begin, make sure that the product is connected to your computer.
  1. Click Start , point to All Programs , point to Accessories , and then click Paint .
  2. Click File , and then click From Scanner or Camera .
  3. Make any desired setting changes.
  4. Click Scan .

And if all the steps given in the link dont allow you to scan , could you try downloading the scan doctor to check if there is any other issue or message that it brings up.

Let me know if that helps,

Regards
I worked for HP.
HP Recommended

HI, Hp Admin. I am having the exact same problem, my scanner dialog box won't open. I tried to click on the link you have there but it says it is not available, so can you please help me? Thank You.

HP Recommended

Hi JeniMartin,

I understand you are having issues with scanning and having the dialog box open. I would like to help you, however, I would need more information from you to better assist in finding troubleshooting guides for you.

Could you please respond to me with the following:

Your printers Model Number.

The OS you are running. Windows or Mac?

Are you seeing any error messages when you scan?

Also, see How to write a good post.

Hope to hear back from you soon!

Take careSmiley Happy

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi, 

Same problem as the 2 above.

HP Photosmart 6525 All in one.

Latest Drivers installed today.

Windows 10

Works to scan from paint.

No issues reported by scan doctor.

Clicking the scan makes a void. Almost like that application cannot start.

Best Regards

Andreas

HP Recommended

Reply to "Also, see How to write a good post."

HP Also see how to write good software. 

HP Recommended

I believe that your "Printer Extension and Notifications" service might be disabled in your Services file.  So type, in your task bar's Windows search field, "Services" and left click the file.  This will open up your list of services.  Find "Printer Extension and Notifications".  Select  "Manual" then "apply", "okay" then select "Run".

Hope this helps.  But if not, it's because another associated service file is disabled.  You can search online for "Win10 service files default settings" and find the normal service settings to make sure yours are right.  This corrected the issue for me.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.