Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 3630
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hello,
I purchased my printer around a year ago now and originally it was working fine both via wifi direct and by using the router.

However, I cannot remember my wifi direct password (which I set and cannot find on the diagnostic sheet due to its offline status) however, this wouldn't be so much of a problem if I could connect via wifi direct in the first place, which I have been able to once (today) but not since as it stopped working as soon as I disconnected the USB from my laptop.

However, the more pressing issue is when I try to connect it to the router, and it states the SSID cannot be found or the device and computer networks are different (when I put in the device IP address or host name) yet I cannot resolve this. My printer is connected to an open SSID that I have never connected it or my laptop to (which is currently connected to a standard Virgin Media router) and whether I put the details in manually or by taking them from my computer the SSID is not changing. I have tried connecting a new printer, doing it completely wirelessly or trying to set up the wifi via USB. I have attempted to reset the wifi by pressing the wifi and cancel button which has not changed the issue in the slightest, the unknown SSID remains.

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Print a Network Configuration Page as listed below, the Wi-Fi Direct password is liusted within the WiFi Direct section:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-deskjet-3630-all-in-one-printer-series/7172306/document/c046...

Next connect to the WiFi Direct network and browse to http://192.168.223.1 from your device.

Open the Wireless tab and select Wireless Setup Wizard, follow the steps on screen to ensure the printer is connected to your own router..

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended
I will persist with the wifi direct, although I have tried this..

The issue is it won't connect to my router, it won't change from this unknown SSID no matter what I do and so, cannot connect my computer and device.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.