Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Currently, your Full-Feature driver is no longer available at the website (Officejet 4355).  Unless you have the installation disc that came with the printer, you will have to scan using software like Paint or Windows Fax and Scan(those programs do not use the HP Digital Imaging Monitor). 

Let me know if you have any more problems.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
HP Recommended

sorry folks but the link(s) for the download are not working. i have an HP Photosmart 2527 all-in-one but when i identify my device, the web site only recognizes Hp photosmart 2527xi all-in-one. is this the same program for both?

HP Recommended

I will do my best to help you get a driver for your Photosmart 2527.  Another way you can look for your product is by searching for its product number as well.  Look on the back of your printer, do you see an FPU #?  That is also your product number.

If you are still unable to find it that way, answer these three questions and I will send you a direct link:

1.  Product # or FPU #?

2.  Operating System of your computer?  Please list both the OS and the system type (for example, Windows 7 64-bit).

3.  Language or Country Preference?

I hope that helps!

HP Recommended

FCC REG NO. USA3LFAO2BPL5MO5-03

MODEL No. SDGOB-O604-03

OPERATION SYSTEM WINDOWS 7  64-BIT

LANGUAGE  IS ARABIC

WAITING FOR YOUR SOLUTION

THANKS

HP Recommended

Thank you but that is not the product # either.  I am afraid I will not be able to link you to that software yet.  

Let's try this a different way now.  I cannot find any information on the Photosmart 2527 or the 2527xi...Are you sure that is the printer you are looking for?  In most printers, you can print a test page or a Printer Status Report that will give you the information I need printed on it.  I have a feeling you are looking for the Photosmart 2575 but I want to make sure before I send you any information.

To directly answer why I am doing this it is because the Digital Imaging Monitor is installed in the printer's software package.  Uninstalling and re-installing will not fix your problem.  Are you getting a specific error message regarding the DIM?

--Resolving .MSI Startup Errors--

Hopefully I have guessed correctly at the document above.  If not, tell me more about why you want the Digital Imaging Monitor please.

HP Recommended

I followed your procedures and I can get picture scans by using the buttons on the printer.  However, I cannot adjust the area I want scanned.  I used to be able to do this by double clicking on the "HP Solution Center" shortcut.  Nothing happens when I do that.  In fact it was the reason I reloaded the software.  How can I get the old response from clicking on the "HP Solution Center" shortcut?

HP Recommended

Hopefully I can help you with that.  I just want to make sure I understand what you mean by "nothing happens."  Do you at least get some kind of error message?  

Getting HP Solution Center to work correctly can get more complicated than my last response but an error message can help me guide you.

HP Recommended

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.  When I double click on the icon, I get a spinning circle fro about one second and then the circle goes away.  There are no error messages or other windows that pop up.  During the one second, the disk lite comes on.  

Hope this helps.  I really need to be able to adjust the size of the item I am scanning and to be able to scan directly into WORD.

Thanks again for your help!!!!!

HP Recommended

Hi rrrtenderfoot,

Can you scan in Windows Paint to at least get the job done for now?  

In order to assist you better I would like to ask a few questions please:

1.  What model of printer do you have?

2.  What is the operating system of the PC you have?

3.  How is the printer connected?

This link discusses how to ensure the Digital Imaging Monitor is running in Windows 8.

Hopefully you will find a clue in this video to get you started until I have more information.  

HP Recommended

Here is the information you requested:

I have a HP Photosmart C4480

My computer is running Vista - Home Premium Edition X32 Service pack 2

My computer is connected through a USB connection

The digital Imaging icon is in startup (shown on lower right of screen).

How this helps!!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.