Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
05-26-2017 07:27 PM
OS: WINDOWS 10 Creators Update (W10CU)
Situation: When installing the printer to function with W10CU a popup says to enter the WPS PIN.
Background: Been researching this through multiple hours of threads and have come to the conclusion that no one at HP understands the customer who actually BOUGHT the machine.
Mission: Tell me where on the back or underside of the printer to locate the PIN for the printer.
DARE: This is NOT A WPS ROUTER ISSUE!!!! I am connected to the ROUTER and I have my nice blue WI-FI with my internet health report printing showing IP and signal status etc... THIS IS A SOFTWARE ISSUE with the DRIVER looking for the WPS PIN.
Got a reasonable solution?
05-27-2017 02:25 PM
Hello, @WPSPIN_SUCKS – Hope you are well 🙂
Thank you for becoming an HP Forum member. It is a great location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others!
Going through your post, I see that the software is asking for the WPS pin. First off, the WPS pin is not provided by the printer.
Also, I am not very clear whether the printer connected to the network or not. If the blue wireless light on the printer is flashing, then try the steps below to connect the printer to the network.
From the home screen on the printer control panel, swipe down to open the Dashboard, and then touch the Wireless icon .
Touch the Setup icon .
Touch Wireless Settings, and then touch Wireless Setup Wizard.
Touch the name of your network in the list of available networks, and then touch OK.
If prompted, type the WEP or WPA key (network password), and then touch Done.
If the printer is connected to the network, then try a clean install to fix the issue. Here are the steps:
- Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Officejet printer entries and uninstall them.
- Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
- Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
- Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
- Again, go to the Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
- Restart your computer.
- Now click http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/m6960/M6960_OJ_Basicx64_1964.exe to install the software.
- Select Wireless on the connection type window and follow the on-screen instructions.
Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!
Good luck 🙂
Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!
I am not an HP Employee