Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have tried the support and drivers page but can only find 5.5

Anyone know if HP posts them somewhere? 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi Vital_Idol,

What is your printers name and model?

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

We aren't using it for a specific model.  We are installing it on print servers for use with an application that the vendor requires that version.

HP Recommended

I did some checking and I too was only able to find the most recent UPD 5.5 drivers.

The UDP 5.5 driver includes new updates and several bug fixes from previous versions.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=4157320&...

You may find better results posting your question in the Business Support Forums under the  There are no unread messages in this message boardPrint Servers, Network Storage & Web Jetadmin  or There are no unread messages in this message board Software threads. Hopefully, someone has a copy of the older UPD 5.4 drivers.                               

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Printing-and-Digital-Imaging/ct-p/bsc-412

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

The only version available on the web is UPD 5.5.

hp.com/go/upd

While I realize you are using this on a print server for a specific application, what printers are you connecting to that server? The Universal Print Driver is used for printing to printers. My question is why does the application require a specific print driver?

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution

HP Recommended

I don't know about the OP, but the software compatibility list for my application specifically calls out 5.4, and 5.5 is not on the approved list. It is not exactly unusual for older versions of software to need to remain available; why is this one not?

HP Recommended

I know it's not uncommon for businesses to thoroughly test new hardware or software before eventually adopting and adding it to an approved hardware / software list.  

Unfortunately, only the latest version of the UPD driver is available. 

As I mentioned in my previous post, there were several updates and bug fixes.  To see click the link below.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18...

You may be able to find an earlier version from a third party site, again it's not recommended due to the list of updates and fixes above.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Pervious versions of the universal driver are available at ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/UPD/

Tony [Moderator edited personal information]

Software for printing

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.