Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8630
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I used to have Windows XP and I have HP Photosmart Premier on that.  When I try to run it, it states that it stopped working. Obviously it doesn't work with Windows 10.  I updated all the drivers and software but no HP Photosmart Premier comes us.  I looked online and only have Windows 8 compatible.  Any suggestions how to use a program to print photos?  Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please use HP Photo Creations (it is the replacement product). You can download from the following link and install to your computer(s).

http://www.hp.com/global/au/en/consumer/digital_photography/free/software/photo-creations.html

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I did do that but it doesn't work like Photosmart Premiere.   HP Photo Creations you have to pay for and it only works with Windows 8 not Windows 10

HP Recommended

Hi Lisa.

HP Photo Creations is a free download, and free to use.

We do offer several paid upgrades, such as the Premium Editing Features and the Image Export feature, but those are optional. In some countries, you can also order products such as photo mugs for home delivery. 

HP Photo Creations runs on Windows (Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, or 10) with Internet Explorer 11 or higher, and Mac OSX (10.5 or higher). HP should be updating the specs on the download page soon.

Let us know what Photosmart Premier functions you'd like to do and we may be able to suggest a path in HP Photo Creations.

Hope this helps,

RocketLife 

RocketLife, developer of HP Photo Creations
HP Recommended

Photosmart Premier was free for all uses.  I don't understand why I now have to pay Photo Creations to have the exact same program?  That is not fair because I purchased a new printer.  That should come with the printer.  Makes no sense.

HP Recommended

Hi Lisa.

I'm afraid I wasn't clear above: HP Photo Creations is a free download at www.hp.com/go/hppc. There is no charge to use it.

HP Photo Creations is a different program from Photosmart Premier, which was discontinued years ago and doesn't run on modern versions of Windows. HP Photo Creations is designed for creative printing, and offers unique layout and styling features. 

HP Photo Creations does offer several optional upgrades, which add new features for a one-time fee. It also offers a variety of projects such as canvas prints and mugs you can order for home delivery. (The selection varies per country.)

If you can post more detail about what you'd like to do with your photos, we may be able to show you the way in HP Photo Creations.

Hope this helps,

RocketLife 

RocketLife, developer of HP Photo Creations
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.