Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My HP printer is HP Photosmart C4180 All-in-one. The computer operating system is Window 7 (64-bit). I have downlaoded the driver for my printer and OS. However, after ticking the agreement (there are several options there, including where and what to be install), the installation suddenly disappears itself. Can anyone help? Thank you.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

You might try clearing the computers temp folder and then try reinstalling the software from

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=1141647&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us

I was an HP employee

Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may select the "Kudos" button on any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks.
HP Recommended

It's still not working:smileysad:

HP Recommended

Hi,

You can do a reverse installation by installing the printer drivers first and then the sofrware.Plug in the printer with a USB cable without installing the software.Wait for the drivers to get installed.Once the printer driver is installed,run the software setup.exe

it would ask you to select the software.Click on Advanced installation and select HP Solution center software.let it install.

Now run the setup.exe and select advanced install.now select the 2nd sofware you require.

So you are actually installing individual software one at a time.

Regards,

Ronnie_N

If you find this post helpful,click on Kudos

If the issue is resolved,click on Accept as Solution

Distinguised Professor
HP Recommended

I can print (that means I have already installed the driver?) but i can't use those Photosmart programs due to sudden disappearance during installation. And while trying to install the software, I can only find 'install' and 'readme' but no advanced installation.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please click on Install and select custom install.Now install 1 software at a time.

Regards,

Ronnie_N

Distinguised Professor
HP Recommended

Even I click 'custom install', it still disappears. For example, as I only install the software driver which cannot be unselected, and Hp Solution center, it still disappears. Later, I discover the available capacity of my hard disk decreases. It decreases so much that I think the capcacity decreased is the number of time I have tried to install the software.  But I cannot find any place to uninstall it. Moreover, I find discrepancies between total space used in C:\ displayed in 'My Computer' while actually used space is actually about 45GB. The discrepancy is about 12GB.

HP Recommended

Hi Tiszt,

I recommend downloading and running the HP Printer Install Wizard to try and resolve your issue. You can download it by clicking here, then clicking on the orange "Download" button.

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Well, I had tried that but it still didn't work. Thx for the replies anyway.:smileyhappy:

HP Recommended

Hello Tiszt,

Try using the scrubber built into the CD or Download.

From Original installation CD:

1. Insert CD into drive, and then cancel the installer

2. Open  "Computer", and then right click on the CD drive and choose open.

3. Open folder Util

4. Open folder CCC

5. Run the L3uninstall.exe (near the bottom of the list).

6. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer

7. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

8. Restart the computer.

9. Download this software (or if you have it saved from before, just run that).

10. When it comes to the screen asking to accept the terms, don't yet. There will be a few options near the top of the Window. I need you to choose "Connection settings" or "Internet connection usage settings" (It will be something similar to what I just stated). It will give you the options to turn off automatic updates, I will need you to change all of these options to "Off" / "No".

11. Once they're set to "Off" / "No", continue with the installation like you did before.

---------------------------------------------------

If software was downloaded and extracted to your system:

1. Type %temp% in the run field

2. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)

3. Open folder Util

4. Open folder CCC

5. Run the L3uninstall.exe (near the bottom of the list).

6. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer

7. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

8. Restart the computer.

9. Download this software (or if you have it saved from before, just run that).

10. When it comes to the screen asking to accept the terms, don't yet. There will be a few options near the top of the Window. I need you to choose "Connection settings" or "Internet connection usage settings" (It will be something similar to what I just stated). It will give you the options to turn off automatic updates, I will need you to change all of these options to "Off" / "No".

11. Once they're set to "Off" / "No", continue with the installation like you did before.

Let me know if this works!

Thank you 🙂

I worked on behalf of HP.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.