Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 4520
macOS 10.12 Sierra

My printer says it is connected wirelessly to my Mac, but my computer seems to lose the connection each day. Unless I redo the Wireless Setup Wizard daily, my Mac tells me that the printer is not connected. I have gone through the Troubleshooting suggestions several times. Please help!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings @WLM86

Thanks for the post, 

I understand that your printer is losing connection with your computer. 

Don't worry, I will be glad to help. 

Did you replace the router recently?

Are you using a dual band router?

Are you able to make a copy on your printer?

Recommend you

First, uninstall the printer software from your computer using the method suggested in this HP Article below. (Have the printer disconnected from the computer during uninstallation.)

HP Printers - Uninstalling HP Printer Software (Mac)

Once you have uninstalled the printer software, reset the printing system.

HP Printers - Resetting the Printing System (Mac)

Download and install the printer software on your printer by downloading it from www.hp.com/drivers

Connect/Turn the printer On only when the printer setup prompts for the printer. 

Once the software is installed. 

Please Assign a manual IP address to your printer, refer to Step 11 in this article

This should resolve the issue you are facing. 

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I reset the printing system as you recommended and followed your instructions. I thought the issue had been resolved, but after about 48 hours, the printer is no longer connected. In spite of registering my device, I cannot seem to get through to a live person at HP for assistance. I will never recommend an HP to anyone or purchase one again. Trying to get help is beyond frustrating. Does anyone have anything else to suggest?!

HP Recommended

Thanks for trying the suggested steps, I understand that you also tried to contact our phone support for assistance and were not able to. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.