Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Tried the workaround but still experiencing problems. When I double-click on the image and try to "save ass" I get a "Failed - No File" error from Chrome.

Also, I have not been able to establish a https connection with the printer, which is an 8600 N911a.

Side question: why can't the standard HP Scan software be used? It was good and reliable...

HP Recommended

I followed the directions for webscan.  The screen said webscan was enabled.  Then, when I asked the printer to scan, the message read not turned on!  Help!

HP Recommended

What OS and browser are you using?

When you clicked on Start Scan, did the printer react, make any noise?

When did you get the message?

HP Recommended

I agree with last comment. It worked perfectly before so why change to a method which takes longer ( I have to wait some time on my notebook for the app to open) and worse still it doesn't even work!

HP Recommended
  1. On the printer, press the Menu or Setup button. Use the appropriate buttons to navigate your way to a networking or network setup option and press Enter. Use the arrows to navigate through the available network options, and select TCP/IP or IP address to view and change the IP address settings.
HP Recommended

Is that a one-time print option?  Would I have to do that each time I scan?

HP Recommended

Does not work on linux and i agree with another member the support do not help and not interested unless running windows . They just keep fobbing you off. Telling you to check with linux support but the printer is Hp bought from this company therefore they should support all operating system with the support . Since buying my new printer and setting up without any help whatso ever from this support I feel they should be ashamed. I feel like a low placed citizen because I am not using windows therefore I am not allowed any help or assistance to this support group. I bought a hp printer and should have same support as other members. I still have no scan working as no idea how to get it to work on my linux operating system . Hp you should be ashamed to degrade people just cause they prefer a different operating system.:womansad:

HP Recommended

I Tried this and one thing there is a massive security risk with this method . when I go on trying to try to enable the webscan a security risk message tells you it is not secure. This worries me.

HP Recommended

Thank fully I have my son who set up my scanner from another country for me remote in 10 mins and now have an app on my desktop which I just click on and I can scan actually could have had two but this was a simply scan . I am on linux ubuntu. I dont know what he did but something with printer address and what not. I dont have to go anywhere just click and scan. Simple. Thank god for computer genius!!! And no thanks to Hp support who have no idea and are no help to anyone not windows :TongueOut:

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.