Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi Bob,

I never thought of that, thanks for the tip.

I activated Administrator login

I logged in

I went into Devices and Printers

But only the Fax on the 8620 is listed, no printer?

This is bizarre. I followed all the prompts to install the drivers for the printer, yet it installed it so that the user doesn't have permission to use it but the Administrator does - but when logged in as Administrator the printer doesn't appear?

I appreciate your help so far but if you have an idea why it isn't showing, I'd appreciate hearing it.

Regards,

Rob

HP Recommended

Hi Rob - sounds like a tough one.  There are a couple things I would try:

• Open an administrative command prompt.  (Right click on cmd.exe, Run as administrator). Type the following in the administrative command window:

NET STOP SPOOLER

NET START SPOOLER

EXIT

• After the above try running the HP Print and Scan Doctor (as administrator) and see if that finds the printer.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Hi Bob,

Apologies for the delay.

The printer finally appeared under Printers for the Administrator.

I did as you suggested, gave permissions not only to Print, but also to Manage the printer etc, logged out, logged back in as the user, tried to print = same error.

Further to TreeFrog's suggestion as well, I even checked the permissions to the PRINTER spooler folder and made sure that the user had permissions, which it did already.

We are continuing to run all our programs as Administrator which allows us to print so the pressure is off a little but, but it would still be nice to get to the bottom of it. 

A tough one indeed.

Rob

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.