Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
i would like to print on my hp photosmart 2575 all in one printer wirelessly.  my manual does not really go into this. it does go into networking. I have a ethernet connection on the back of my printer and a wireless router.  my main desktop is hooked up to the printer with a usb connection.  please help if you can.  thanks
28 REPLIES 28
HP Recommended

Hi,

Hp Photosmart 2575 all-in-one printer is not a wireless printer but still you can print wirelessly from it by disconnecting the USB Cable from computer and printer's end and getting the printer connected to your wireless router through an ethernet cable. Print a Network configuration page from the printer to get the IP address. Go to Printers and faxes window on your computer. Do a right click on the printer icon and a left click on Properties. Printer properties window will open up. Click on the tab Ports. Click on button New Port. Select Standard TCP/IP port in the drop down list. Click on Add a Port. Add Port wizard will start and will ask for the IP address. Put in the IP Address and finish the Add a Port wizard. Click on Apply. Click on tab General. Click on Print a test page to check if printer is printing a test page or not.

Thanks,

Harry

HP Recommended
thank you it worked
HP Recommended

Hi,

I've done the same and can use the printer, but cannot work out how to scan. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Does anyone know if the HP wireless upgrade kit works with the Photosmart 2575? It's not specifically listed in HP's compatibilty list, and when I contacted HP they simply told me that as it's out of warranty they can't help (?!).

HP Recommended

You probably do not need the wireless kit.  Its expensive (similar to the price of a new printer) and only supports the printing function (thus the name), not the scanning function.

Why not plug your printer into your wireless router with an Ethernet cable so that all computers can use it, regardless of how they are connected?

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

Thanks Printdoc. The Ethernet option isn't viable as my router is a couple of rooms away from the printer (and I have no ADSL connection near the printer). The HP wireless kit only retails at £19.99 so seems well worth it - if it's compatible, which it seems impossible to find out!

HP Recommended

I think you may be better off with an Ethernet connection to the printer from your router.  If it is several rooms away, how about a powerline Ethernet kit (google it)?

Before you get too carried away, recognize that a decent wireless printer is about $100 these days.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

Thanks again. I have to confess to not being aware of powerline Ethernet. But you're right - it's probably better just to get a decent wireless printer! Thanks anyway for the help.

HP Recommended

I followed your instructions that worked for someone else. I do even see the printer from my Laptop. How do I add to my Laptops - one Dell and one Mac.?

Thank you in advance

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.