Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

What, they don't have someone available to press the on switch?!  I'm a system admin and regardless of time or day if one of the servers I'm in charge of is down I'm fixing it right then and there.  For HP not to have solid redundency in place for a service like this is beyond ridiculous.  After HP announced they're cutting some of they're consumer lines to focus more on software and services this does not speak well to they're ability to provide robust solutions. 

HP Recommended

Purchased 6500a yesterday, got it to print almost immediately.

Am unable to get to EWS; but able to print.

f Finally got to EWS, all was well.

I changed the DNS to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4  and still no good, and cannot activate Web Services......

Get a message about an failed update, prlease retry, and it forever asks me to retry.

???????

HP Recommended

I have this problem too with the OfficeJet Pro 8500A 710n. Keep me updated please!

HP Recommended

I have set a static IP address and the ePrint page says that the printer is online but the darn thing cannot get ANY content from the apps! Why do then not tell us if they are gonna take the servers off line for a time?!?!?!

Did the new aquisition of Autonomy just make all hp ePrint services obsolete? If so, they should have told us. This is just plain crap!

HP Recommended

@dam_mayhem wrote:

What, they don't have someone available to press the on switch?!  I'm a system admin and regardless of time or day if one of the servers I'm in charge of is down I'm fixing it right then and there.  For HP not to have solid redundency in place for a service like this is beyond ridiculous.  After HP announced they're cutting some of they're consumer lines to focus more on software and services this does not speak well to they're ability to provide robust solutions. 

Have to agree with dan_mayhem.  I work in the IT industry and our servers are on 24x7 support with someone always available to deal with alerts on servers that aren't available.  For someone like HP to state that a server is down and probably won't be available til Monday is mind boggling.  Particularly as it seems this server is linked to Web Services that is a customer function.   Bizarre.

HP Recommended

same exact problem here.  Just purchased a 6500a Plus to replace my old epson.

everything prints but can't get ePrint and web services to work.  Keeps telling me that it was unable to complete the product update.... what a crap.

i've been on the support line and i think the end solution is to RETURN THIS and get another brand instead.

HP is losing faith in consumers, none of their stuff works anymore.  Too Bad!

HP Recommended

Hello  Everyone,

I bought Deskjet3050A-J611g printer yesterday and facing the same issue which is being discussed here. Printer is connected to the home wireless network. I can print,scan from my laptop. But the eprint is not working. When I try to enable web services it says "Unable to check for Firmware Update":-((

HP Recommended

Me too.  New OfficeJet 8500, everything works (including printing from iOS) except web services initialization.

If it's really true that the service is currently down and won't be back until monday, that's just ridiculous.

HP Recommended

Hi just purchased an 8500a and I tried the manual IP thing along with DNS and then this tim instead of saying the product update could not be completed it said a proxy is required then it prompts for a proxy address and idk what mine is. Please help 

HP Recommended

Ok. So I'm here to do some triage. I would like to help all of you out, I believe everything is back up and running (going to check on one of our printers here). I definitely want to make sure you all get up and running.

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.