Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP deskjet 2134
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am told to connect the printer to my laptop using the usb cable but nothing happens despte everything being plugged in

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@JemimaW

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 

I understand that you have an HP DeskJet 2134 All-in-One Printer and it is connected via a USB cable to your Win10 computer and it does not print. Not to worry, I'll do my best to help 

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Is it a new printer you're trying to connect and use?
  • Are the printer drivers installed on your Win10 computer?
  • Is the printer able to make a copy?

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• If the printer drivers are not yet installed, please download and install the drivers from this HP link.

NOTE: Do not connect the USB cable unless you are prompted. During the installation, there will be prompt to connect the USB cable. 

If the drivers are already installed and the printer does not print then please download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor software. This is a free tool for Windows to help resolve printer driver issues. 

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Please feel free to know how it goes. Cheers! 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.