Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I want to scan lots of old photos to JPEG with 600 dpi.  How can I change the default scan settings so I don't have to change them every time?  Right now it defaults to save as PDF with 300 dpi.  This is an OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus.  My computer OS is Windows 8.1 and I have the Printer Assistant installed.  Fax and print setting defaults can be changed, but not the scan settings??

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi ltfhenry,

Here are the steps to change your default resolution.

1. Open the HP software. In Windows 8, right-click the Start button or the lower left corner of the screen, click Search, type HP, and click the name of your printer.
  2. Click Scan a Document or Photo .
  3. In the left window of the scan dialog, select a shortcut based on what you are scanning.
  4. With the shortcut highlighted, select your preferences. For example: Resolution : 200 dpi, 300 dpi, 1200 dpi
  5. Once you are finished selecting your settings, click Scan.

This information is from How to Scan: From the Printer Control Panel.

Regards,

AlliBee

Click the thumbs up + button if I have helped you. Mark Accepted Solution if your problem is solved. If both apply......do both.
HP Recommended

Typing HP does not produce a list of printers, where I can choose mine.  I list hp Remote only.

Michael

Win 8.1
All-In-One is C309-s
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.