Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Designjet Z2100
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am attempting to secure erase the hard drive on a Designjet Z2100. I am using Web Jetadmin 10.4.99821 (10.4 SR1) with Feature_Pack_4_version_1.4.100397. I have set the file system password and applied the secure fast erase option. When I bring the printer up in the storage tab of Web Jetadmin the Secure Storage Erase button is greyed out. The only options in the storage tab that are available are initalize file system and write protection. This manual for the printer states that procedure is possible, page 96.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Those hardisks were encrypted and hard to touch. you should use the hp utility program to update the firmware.

You might get endless problems by what you intend to do..

Good luck.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick responce. The printer is running firmware TR8-TR_8.0.1.1 , I couuld only find software at the HP support page for this model. The policy here is wipe or destroy so no second life as employee purchase for this guy.

HP Recommended

Check your printer & make sure it is B or A reversion. the label on the back. Then download the right version & your os , After download & unzip to a directory where you can remember. Then  use the hp utility to upgrade the firmware. On

Browse, point to the saved the file.

My Z2100 44" printer had error after updated, but I managed to make it work again with new firmware. you can find my post on this topic.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=11161225&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=1005

HP Recommended

Thanks for the link. It errored out when applied through the web services page. I then tried changing the OS to Server 2008 on the support page where a more recent firmware is listed. This loaded just fine but Secure Storage Erase is still greyed out. I put this project out to pasture. Again thanks for the help

HP Recommended

if even hp utility gave you error..... remove it completely.... shut down PC...  reinstall it it.

Last week, my Z3200 utility gave me error when I update the firmware, tried few times & no luck. At the end I removed

it, along with the driver... shut PC completely.

Restart PC & driver automaticlly installed... I installed th utility & recongnize printer quickly. I updated firmware

perfectly...

If error existed & have to try different approaches...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.