Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
05-02-2017 08:01 PM
my printer worked fine when i first bought it. then i moved. ever since i reinstalled it at my new home it hasnt been printing. i was on the phone with HP for 5 hours and they remoted into my computer and "fixed" it but it only fixed it for a couple days and now its back to not working.
when i go to print it takes a few moments then a window pops up saying errro printing on HP deskjest 350 series(network) the pritner couldnt print Microsoft Word Document.
I have gone through all the steps: HP Doctor, scanned and printed test page, uninstal & reinstall, disable and enabliong firewall, all the steps ypou can think of... what am i doing wrong
(sorry if any typos... in a rush)
05-04-2017 11:12 AM
Thanks for posting in the HP community. A very good day to you. I understand that the printer has an issue with printing from your computer. I will be glad to assist you here.
Superb description and brilliant troubleshooting of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that.:)
- Did this happen after a windows or software update after the phone support technician fixed it for you?
- Do you remember?
- Does it print from a cell phone or any other device on the network?
Please uninstall the printer drivers complete by following these steps:
- In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
- Select your HP printer.
- Select Uninstall.
- In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
- In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
- Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
- Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
- Click on Drivers tab.
- Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
- Select OK.
- Remove all instances of the same.
- Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
- Close Devices and Printers.
- Then reinstall the full feature software from this link Please select the correct operating system and follow the instructions.
- Try to update the printer firmware from the same link please.:
Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.
To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button t give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.
Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.
I am an HP Employee