Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP7510
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Can some one help with my HP7510 printing. I have a word document with 2.8 cm at the top and 2 cm bottom margin and 1.2cm header and 1.25cm footer. This is done so that I can insert notes and other text. When I print as single pages, the header and footers are printed on 8.5 x 11 paper. But when I print two sided, under 'Layout' sub menu function, I get a  message: The Two-Sided option, Long-edge binding, is not available when the destination paper size is set to US Letter. To scale to fit to US Letter Two-Sided margins, click Continue. To change Two-Sided to its previous setting, click Cancel.

If I continue to print, the footer is cut off. I tried to set the paper US letter two sided margin and still cuts off the footer.

Any suggestions what I am doing wrong here with the settings?

Thanks in advance.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@Hawk1234

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand the double sided printing cuts off the footer during print,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you look for any HP Article related to your concern with the solution?

Have you reinstalled or updated the drivers since certain important options are unavailable?

If you haven't, please do and then follow the below steps:

Change the print settings to automatically print on both sides of the page, and save your settings as a preset option for the next time you print.

1. To avoid page ordering issues, load enough blank paper into the input tray to fully complete your print job. The printer prints the front side of the paper first. Load the paper with the top edge first and the print side facing down.

2. Open the document that you want to print, click File, then click Print.

If no settings display, click Show Details.

3. Select the name of your printer in the Printer menu.

4. Click the box next to Two-Sided, then select Layout from the unnamed menu at the center of the window

5. From the Two-Sided menu, select a setting depending on if you want to read the document as a booklet or a tablet
    For booklet reading, select Long-Edge binding (portrait orientation) .
    For tablet reading, select Short-Edge binding (landscape orientation) .

6. If you want to keep these settings for future print jobs, click the Presets drop-down menu, select Save Current Settings as Preset, then name it.

7. Click Print.

Keep me posted,

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your assistance and the instructions. However, I'm using MAC Book pro and MS Office for MAC. The instructions you shown below is not the same and would appreciate if you can provide more details.  I got lost when you wrote...'Change the print settings to automatic print on both sides...' I don't see this function on the menu when I print.

Thank you in advance.

HP Recommended

@Hawk1234

Thank you for replying with this overwhelming and detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

My instructions were specifically for MacOS, 

I recommend you go through this article for details: Click here (look under: Frequently asked questions > How do I automatic duplex if my printer supports it? > Step 3)

If you don't see the options mentioned in the article, I recommend you remove the drivers and use this link (Click here) to download the drivers using the apple software and then look for the option I had mentioned earlier.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,  

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner, 

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day! 

Regards, 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your quick responds. I have removed the printer and re-installed, I have reviewed the instructions as you recommended. But still no difference.  I'm trying to send you a JPEG or TIFF images, but will not allow to upload.  Please advise.

thank you in advance.

HP Recommended

Hi @Hawk1234

I am the The_Fossette. It looks like you were interacting with @Riddle_Decipher, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

I suggest you to try doing a two-sided copy and check if the margins are correct.

Let me know the result so that I can provide you a more accurate solution.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have tried that already. I'm trying to upload error message, but will not accept JPEG and states 'Error Code: Invalid File Type'  Please advise how I can send you these images to show you the issue.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi @Hawk1234

I recommend you to save the images in different formats like PNG or BMP and then try attaching it.

Let me know how it goes.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your assistance. Please review my issue at the top of this mail chain and here is the image. Basically, when I print double side, it cuts off the footer. But if I print single side, the footer is there. So basically, the double side print footer (default by printing system) has higher margin than single page print and I can't seem to change that fixed margin.

A.png

HP Recommended

Hi @Hawk1234

I recommend you to contact phone support to further diagnose the issue.

Follow below steps to contact phone support.

Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/
Enter Product number or select to auto detects
Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number.

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.