Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp deskjet 9300
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How i can find and install driver for Windows 10 (64-bit). My old system was Windows 7.

Now my combuter, after I install Windows 10, cant find the printer Hp deskjet 9300.

antti65

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

driver for hp deskjet 9300 with windows 10 x64

HP Recommended

You can use drivers for HP1220c.

Go to "Start/Configuration/Devices/Add a printer".

Wait for "Printer not in list" message and click on it.

In the dialog box that will appear, click on "Add a local or network printer manually" and then click on "Next".

If your printer is connected by an USB cable, which is usual, click on the list to the right of "Use an existing port" and choose the option "USB 001" and click on "Next" (or choose the connection you have if it's not an USB).

In the dialog box that appears click on "Windows Update". You´ll have to wait several minutes for Windows to update the printer list (you have to update the printer list because the HP 1220c drivers are not in the basic Windows list).

When the printer list is updated click on the list to the left of the window to choose "HP" and in the list to the right search for "HP Deskjet 1220c". Click on it to highlight it and then click on "Next".

Choose a name for the printer in the next dialog box (I choose HP 9300, but you can use any name you want) and click on "Next".

Now you choose if you are going to share the printer with other users in your network or not and click on "Next".

Finally, you choose if it's going to be your default printer. If you wish you click on the button "Print a test page" to test your printer and then click on "Finish".

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.