Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

It may have been that eprintcenter's website was under construction in preperation of ePrint's migration to HP Connected.  Try turning the printer off and back on with the power button and see if you get an error message now.  If so, you may benefit from trying the steps mentioned in this first post on this thread or from setting a manual DNS (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) within the embedded web server (click here for instructions), but according to the error it is very likely an issue with eprintcenter.com itself and not the printer. Let me know if you received any other error messages. 

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
HP Recommended
Where is the "Accept as Solution" button mentioned in the notification email? I want to discontinue emails on this topic.
HP Recommended

Hi phflupp!  In order to stop recieving emails on a topic, you'll want to unsubscribe from the topic.  You can find your topic subscriptions in your user settings.  You can get to them very easily by using the "My Community" navigation settings on the right side of the forum menus.  From that set of choices pick "Resources & Settings".  The menu will expand and you'll see a link to "My Subscriptions".  Once you navigate there, you'll find a list of any thread you are subscribed to.  You can check the box beside any of them and then from the "Email Subscriptions Options" drop down menu pick "delete selected subscriptions".  Simple as that, you'll stop getting emails for any that you've deleted.

I hope you find this of help, but if you need any further guidance please don't hesitate to send me a Private Message (click on my username and pick "send a private message" on the right side) and I'll help you out as best I can!

KittyK - HP Support Forums Moderator

Clicking the "Kudos star" to the left is a great way to say thanks!

When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button to help other members in the future!

Rules of Participation
HP Recommended

i have done every stp, more than 4 times, i just got the pinter today, brand new from the store and the eprinter keeps saying there is no internet when wifi connection is available.....need help plz

HP Recommended

What is the exact model of printer?  What is the printer's IP address?  What is the name and model number of the router you have?    Answer those questions for me please.  I know another step not on this thread that may help you since it is a new printer.

Also, if you continue to have problems, you may benefit from calling into HP Cloud Services Support at 1-855-785-2777 or click the following link to contact HP Technical Support in your region since the printer is likely under warranty.  

HP Recommended

When turning on printer it asks if you'd like to set up the eprint BEFORE you set up the internet connection, so I said no.  Then after running the setup software it says press the eprint button, but doesn't tell you WHERE the heck the "button" is.  So I played with the menu until I found that original question about setting up eprint under APPS.  Can't you include pictures in the manual for where to find buttons that the setup prompts are going to tell you to push?  Or tell me WHERE the "button" is in the prompts that appear during setup?  The picture in the setup looks nothing like my printer... how dumb is that?  So I answered yes to setting up eprint and now it appears happy.

HP Recommended

I have an HP LaserJet Professional M1212nf MFP printer. Every time I attempt to enable Web Services on my printer, I get the following error message:

"Connection error. Check Internet connection."

I use a manual IP address and my gateway and preferred DNS server are set to the IP address of my router. I can print through the network, and access the settings web page using the manual IP address, so I know the printer can be "seen" on the network. I tried resetting the printer to factory defaults, and then resetting the manual network settings. This did not work.

As far as I can tell, I have the latest software drivers (20121108) and the latest ePrint software as well.  The firmware datecode is 20120901.

I don't know if this helps, but the printer is connected to a five port gigabit switch, which is in turn connected to an eight-port gigabit switch (same manufacturer), and that switch is connected to a Netgear Powerline adapter. The Powerline adapter connects to another in the basement, and that, in turn, is connected to an ASUS router. It's a convoluted pathway, but we're renting an older home and it is the configuration that works for us.

I hope I've provided sufficient information to help troubleshoot this problem. Thanks in advance for your assistance!

HP Recommended
Try contacting the phone number to HP Cloud I mentioned in an earlier post but I have a feeling they may tell you it's your setup. Web services are touchy about those kinds of switches. Go to speedtest.net and let me know your upload speed. It needs to be equal or greater than one mBps. I suspect that may actually be the issue. Let me know the results please and I will be happy to help.

HP Recommended
Good evening! My upload speed is 5.84 Mbps. Thank you for your offer of help!
HP Recommended
Wow that's really good. Is it possible to temporarily move the printer down by the router just to see if web services will connect then?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.