cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
europas_ice
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

filofax size paper jams in new OfficeJet 4655

HP Recommended
OfficeJet 4655
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

My OfficeJet 4655 is less than a month old. I never have any trouble printing on regular letter size paper.  I take that exact same paper and cut it down to filofax size (3.7x6.7) to use in my day planner. When I try to print on it, the paper jams, folding up back in the mechanism. It's easy to take out, but I can't print on it at all. Can anyone help me figure out how to print on this small size paper without it jamming? My old HP printer didn't have any trouble with this paper size. Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
31,210 30,924 5,330 12,414
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

The required paper size is not suppoted by the printer hardware, it is too short for the hardware to handle it correctly.

You may find the printer specifications below, check the 'Paper-handling specifications > Supported custom sizes' section:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04704159

Regards,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
europas_ice
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I see where it says that, but it doesn't make a lot of sense that the paper is too short, since 3x5 photo paper is supported.

0 Kudos
ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
31,210 30,924 5,330 12,414
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

First, there is muc difference between photo paper and a plain paper due to its thickness, therefore the printer may handle a shorter thicker paper much better..

Additionally there are only specific custom sizes available, meaning that a cuctom paper size out of the supported sizes range will not appear and cannot be configured by the printer driver, without setting the proper size in the driver (which cannot be done as the size is not supported) it will not be handled correctly by the print mechanism and will likely provide you feed errors as you describe..

Regards,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation