Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
1HZ43UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i have mistakenly uninstall my touch screen DRIVER  from my laptop, now i want it back, how can i get it back. Can i factory reset my laptop and get it back or can i download it to get it back,...do u know any way to get it back. please help me please.thank you

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Romel12

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂

I understand that you have an HP Notebook - 15-ay103dx and have mistakenly uninstalled the touchscreen drivers and now would like to have them back. Not to worry as mistakes happen from the best of us. I'll do my best to help you. 

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Did you restart your laptop and check if that helps?

Before we come to a conclusion to reinstall Windows, I suggest you to try installing the touchscreen drivers using the below methods. 

• Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 10). 

• In Windows, search for and open HP Recovery Manager.

If prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. If prompted by User Account Control to allow the program to make changes to the computer, click Yes.

• Under Help, click Reinstall drivers and/or applications and wait for Recovery Manager to generate a list.

Recovery Manager opening screen

• A combined list of applications and drivers to reinstall appears, with the drivers listed first.

Figure : List of drivers to reinstall

List of drivers to reinstall

NOTE: Please look for HID-compliant touch screen drivers and install it. Select the checkbox next to the HID-compliant touch screen and then click Install.

Also, you may use the HP Support Assistant as it will search for any missing drivers and tr to locate them for you Please refer to "Checking for HP updates" from this link.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know how it goes. Cheers! 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.