Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi @rickt1

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

We have helped another user to resolve a similar issue.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Software-and-Drivers/HP-Solution-Center/m-p/5664367#M88212

Here's what we'd suggest, can you try the following:

Please Uninstall and Reinstall the FULL feature software following these steps:

1. Uninstall the software in your computer

Can you try this Uninstaller from Microsoft and then reinstall the FULL feature software again?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed...

2.  Install the FULL feature software.

The following resource will help you :

HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL50403/mp-150580-2/hppiw.exe

Once you have downloaded and installed the FULL feature software, you will be able to print and scan.

Let us know if that works!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"
HP Recommended

Thank you! at last I have solved the problem, now I can use the Solution Center in Windows 10.

HP Recommended

Hi @Pilatos25,

Glad to hear that your issue is resolved and all is working well now.

Have a nice day!

HP Recommended

This wizard refuses to detect my network connected HP 7520 despite the fact it's on and quickly showing as my default printer under devices and printers in windows 10.

HP Recommended

work out good. glad to have it back. Now if I can just figure out how to stop shockwave from crashing every five minutes. 

Thanks for your help.

Rick

HP Recommended

Hi @rickt1

Glad to hear that your issue is resolved and all is working well now.

Regarding Shockwave crash, it may be related to a Windows or Adobe update?  May want to check with Windows or Adobe separately.

This resource may help you wrt Windows update:

Windows 10 - How to Uninstall & Hide updates

Have a nice day!

HP Recommended

Well, I had a similar problem but needed a different solution. I tried everything in the thread to no avail.

I kept getting the "scanner already in use" error. I tried HP's "app" and it was awful. No consecutive scanned filenames or folders, no multiple photo-detect. I wanted this back. I uninstalled everything, but there were still some HP files and directories hanging on. I could not manually delete them. Windows 10 had somehow messed with my file permissions, and a number of files were affected.

I nearly rolled back today because of this, but found an answer. If you have HP printer/scanner programs that will not install or leftover files that will not delete because you "don't have permission" - look up how to change file access permissions for those folders and files. I still could not change them properly, so I found a way around this problem. I installed a 3rd party software that can be learned about if you search "Take ownership of a file or folder in Windows 10 using TakeOwnershipEx". (freeware) (I am not affiliated with it. Looks like it works in both Windows 8 and 10 environments.

It also helped me fix the missing programs in my start (app) menu, but that's a whole different process. o.O 

HP Recommended

I had HP Solution Center installed and working perfectly in my Dell XPS 8700 Win 10 Home 64 bit desktop using a HP OfficeJet 6500 E709N printer. I recently upgraded the desktop OS from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro edition and that is when I could no longer find the HP Solution Center. I downloaded from the HP website the latest full feature driver package for the 6500 E709N printer and it appears to have NO, repeat NO (as in nada, none...) desktop control module hence unless I errored somewhere along the way it appears to me that I now, after upgrading (?) the OS and HP's only package offered for my printer, have no way to control/utilize the printer from my desktop and that leaves me with having to physically use the printer's input buttons. Absolutely ludicrous IMHO given man was on the moon many years ago.

I have been unable to find a HP Solutions Center download online nor the program itself in my system backup on a USB HDD that I did prior to changing the OS. If anyone could assist me in location and re-installing a copy of HP Solution Center or a more recent product that provides the ability to control/use my 6500 E709N printer from my desktop I'd be most appreciative. I have read the previous posts and  have been unable to resolve the issue with the suggestions provided. LMK if there is a fix and thanks in advance...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.