Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I have printed several config reports. All seems okay but I can't get it to reset so I can go to it's url. Instead it prints 0.0.0.0 and shows my local router correctly and all the data appears fine. But ur went reset. It doesn't seen to be transmitting its own router ssid anymore
HP Recommended
The only thing I before reset is the green light, on but not flashing. after I reset the green and orange flash together. When i let go they alternate a few times and then the green remains
HP Recommended
It further says wireless is disabled, and has direct configuration direct print off. With the right direct print name ssid
HP Recommended

Hi mickeydavis1,

After resetting the printer, the IPv4 address should show 0.0.0.0, and the SSID should be cleared of the network name.

Turn the printer off, disconnect it from the wall outlet. Then reconnect it again and try the reset again.

To restore the printer back to factory settings, turn the printer off, hold down the wireless button and the cancel button (x button) then turn the printer back on and don't release the two buttons until the printer stops making noise. (make sure you don't let go until the printer stops making noise to reset the printer properly)

If you are still having issues and the printer is already installed as a USB connection, update the printer's firmware and run the reset again please. Software and Drivers.

What operating system are you using? How to Find the Windows Edition and Version on Your Computer.

Is the printer already installed by a USB connection?

Please let me know the outcome. Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
I am using Windows 8.1
HP Recommended

Hi mickeydavis1,

Please let me know what steps you have taken and the results. Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended
I have fine everything. Firmware update failed multiple times. Can't reset. It has an ipv4 address and it's not 0000
HP Recommended
I have tried everything
HP Recommended

Hi mickeydavis1,

Do you have a IPv4 address of 192..... or 10..... or 169....?

Does the SSID show your network name?

When doing the firmware update, are you connecting the printer directly to the computer by the USB cable?

Let me know.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended
Ipv4 192
shows my home network but it's not connected. Shows right security code also.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.