Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I completely agree!!  How do I turn off the print alignment page for HP 3511?

HP Recommended

It's not alignment that's such a pain, it's the **bleep** forcing you to print an alignment sheet every single time the printer turns on. THAT wastes ink, and not just a little.  Once you have an alignment sheet, there's absolutely no need to print another one. It should be optional to print one. But it prints automatically, you can't print anything without wasting ink on another alignment sheet. I'm sure every little bit of wasted ink is great for HP's cartridge sales, but it's either idiotically stupid or just plain malicious to require users to reprint something they don't need. 

HP Recommended
what passes for the Settings button on the C4280? This is so stupid. I have 20 alignment sheets, and the software on the screen says I don't have to print one if I already have one. But the **bleep** printer itself, every time it's turned on, refuses to do anything else until it prints a new alignment sheet. And it really eats electricity even idling, so I turn it off when I'm not using it.
HP Recommended

Considering how much ink costs, I definitely want to spend as few drops as I can. My printer is a 6310 OfficeJet All-in-One; I will be grateful to anyone who can tell me how to disable the alignment page. If I turn out to need it after all, fine, but right now I'd like to have the option to say "No, thanks."

HP Recommended

I'll also add that I checked the HP Customer Support system and the pre-set questions did not include any suggestions for the issue under discussion.  Again, I'm not against alignment ... I'm against an alignment process that requires the printer to run a test page every time I refill the ink.

HP Recommended
THE SOLUTION is what several other posts have said. On the printer, HIT THE CANCEL BUTTON AND THEN THE OK BUTTON, AND REPEAT this until the printer stops trying to do the test. On the computer, just close the alignment popup window with the x at top right. And don't buy from HP ever again.
HP Recommended

I want to turn off alignment completely!

HP Deskjet 3050

It aligns all the freakin time--and I'm DONE wasting ink.

HP Recommended

I have an hp 8500 the allignment feature WASTES this expensive ink and has DEPLETED 4 cartrides of color ink.  the printing is PERFECT  I want to DISABLE the alignment feature, permanently is this possible?  HP said I have to buy a NEW printer AND the new printer they offer is TWICE the amount of this one, REFURVISHED and does not use the same ink. 

If I buy a NEW printer it will be with another company and cheaper ink.

Now I have been a LOYAL HP customer for years ALL computers and laptops are hp. NEVER had a single issue until I had to change a print head. 

CAN THIS BE FIXED OR NOT???  HP Office Jet 8500 A909g  My patience is wearing thin.

HP Recommended

it works, no more wasting paper & ink for the alignment

HP Recommended

I have a HP 4600 Printer.  I replaced both the black and the multi-color cartridge and the damned thing keeps insisting that I allow it to align the cartridges every time I turn on the PC.  I want to know how to turn off that feature for this printer.  I don't even print every time I use the PC so why should it need to realign the cartridges.  They don't even move except for maybe up and down in their holders.  Thanks.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.