Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

too much doc, my wireless password is alph numeric. how do I switch. I think I have tried everything

but it is escaping me.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

hi there,

could you provide the community with a little more information to help narrow troubleshooting? Things like your printer model will help out a lot.

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
HP Recommended

Did you ever get a reply on this issue?  I too have an OJ 4500 and need to be able to switch from numeric and alpha keys.  However, I have been unable to do this.  If you have any knowledge of how to do this, I would be greatly apprecative of knowing the secret.  Thanks, Frog40

HP Recommended

Hi frog40,

I am sorry to hear you are unable to switch from numeric to alpha keys on your Officejet 4500. I would like to help.

Please try pressing the key a few times and this should change from number to letter.

For example: the number 1 to the letter A.

I hope this helps:)

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Setting up wireless printer j4680 when Web key is alpha numeric

HP Recommended

OK.... so what is the problem?

HP Recommended

If you know how to specify upper case  "T" on this neanderthal,  and  how to enter a lower case "w",

i would appreciate an answer rather than a question.

HP Recommended
Not after a comment like that.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.