Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp laserjet pro 200 color m251
Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks

I went to refill the tray. When I tried putting it back in it was hard to get back in.  I moved the printer to make sure nothing was jaming it.  They tray went back in and now is stuck. It's it won't release. Totally stuck.  Need help!  Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Brendarv ,

I understand that you are having issues with the paper tray being stuck. I would be happy to help you.

Make sure the printer is on a flat surface. Open the Jam access door to see if that will help to see what the tray might be caught on. You might have to gently wiggle the tray to get it on the grooves to remove it.

Here is a picture of the printer. Number 5 is the Jam access door.

m251 pic.png

If the issue continues, please call our technical support at 800-474-6836 for further assistance. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region.
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Have a nice day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

My drawer is stuck too.

I can open the drawer if I try while the printer is initializing and the motor is still running. It appears to hang on the right side. If I look in the back of the printer I can see the back of the toner tray. It appears that that there is a tab on the yellow toner cartridge that is upright and hanging on the interior.

All of the toner cartridges have this tab located on the top, right corner. They all can be lifted and they all fall back in place. When you push the white lever it lifts that tab and exposes a gear.  Why the yellow is sticking I am not sure.

HP Recommended
I can't pull the paper tray all the way out. There is no paper jam at all. I wiggle it gently but it still won't come out. There might be a simple answer but I am frustrated. I'll just sell this on eBay defective and won't buy anymore hp printer.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.