Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi just wondering if you can help me with an issue im having with my Photosmart 6520.

Everytime i try to 'Scan to email' it comes up with.... server connection error 403.

I have read that alot of people are having the same issue and that a way to resolve the issue is to factory reset.

Can i please be sent the steps on how to do this.

Thanks.

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

If you're not using the ePrint feature of the printer and you only use it for Wireless Network Printing and/or Scan to eMail,  you can proceed on the following steps:

First, tap the ePrint button which is found on the top left corner of the screen (see the picture below)

front panel.jpg

Go to Settings, then look for Remove Web Services, hit Yes. It should go back to the Home Screen.

Tap the ePrint button again then Accept the Terms, press Yes if prompted to enable Auto Update then once done on the process try scanning again. 🙂

Hope this works for you!

HP Recommended

Yes this seems to have worked for now.

Thanks for your time.

HP Recommended

I have managed with some help to follow your instructions up until Settings > (Remove Web Services). Remove web services does not appear on either of pages 1/2 or 2/2 .

Please advise.

HP Recommended

Thanks.  This solved my problem!

HP Recommended
Brilliant solution eunicerocksify. I'm back scanning after a very frustrating week. And your instructions were so simple even I was able to follow them. Many thanks
HP Recommended

Just tried your app and it worked just fine.   Thanks again.    

HP Recommended

I would like to thank Brian 1001, EJ100 and NYBIRD for their advice on this question of error code 403.

I have not replied sooner as I have been in Spain for a month and switched my printer off for that period.

I have just attempted to scan to an email to try prior to trying your solutions and it has worked.

Stephen

Computer or rather printer magic.

If I get the error code again I will attempt your advice.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your quick and helpful fix! Works perfectly again.

HP Recommended

Beautiful, worked for me, too. Thank you. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.