cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
motorphotos
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 1 of 12
Flag Post

not finding printer

HP Recommended
hp b110a

Hi

I am pulling my hair out here

I have a HP B110a wireless printer which has been set up on the network a while and prints now and again

I have a laptop (windows 10) iphone, samsung phone, various tablets and when I try and print is says the printer is offline or no air printers found.

So far I have checked the network and printed the wireless information sheet which says pass etc and no problem there

Been into router settings and the printer is part of the network

On all devices I can type in the ip address and see the set up page and can also print a test page from there as well

so using the ip address I can print over the network

Yet from any device and adobe etc nothing prints and my laptop says its offline even though the page I get when I type in the ip address it says it is with the little green dot

If this was just one device I could understand its a coms issue but not for all devices not to see what is a wireless printer on the network

When I use hp all in one app on my samsung for example it says its there with the green dot but even in the app if I try and print someting is says the printer is not available at the moment

I have un installed and re installed it many times

Any suggestions most gratefully received

thanks

motorphotos

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
25,692 25,572 1,411 1,482
Message 2 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@motorphotos

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that your HP Photosmart B110a is showing offline. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

Set the default printer and unpause printing.

• Reset the printer and check the connection status.
  • Make sure the correct port is selected.
  • Update the printer firmware.
  • Add the printer using HP Printer Assistant.

Click here and refer the document to perform above mentioned troubleshooting steps.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
motorphotos
Author
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 3 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi

The printer has been off and on so many times I think the on/off button is worn out

On the laptop I have uninsulated and reinstalled the software

On all devices I can access the printer by typing in ip address but no device prints to it as it says it's offline

On hp app I see printer is online but when I try and print through the app it says it's not there

Turning it off and reinstalling software on laptop does not change the fact tablet/phones don't see printer no airprinters present etc

I don't know what else to try
0 Kudos
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
25,692 25,572 1,411 1,482
Message 4 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@motorphotos

Thanks for the reply.

• Try to perform Power reset.
  • Remove the power cable from the printer when it is turned on.
  • Press and hold the power button for 30secs.
  • Connect the power cable to the printer and directly to wall outlet.
  • And check the status.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
motorphotos
Author
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 5 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have done that and printed the wireless set up page which says its connected to the newtwork etc with

all passes and good signal strength

Still get its offline on the laptop and no printers on phones and tablets

can still type in ip address and get the printer page and on my samsung phone with the hp all in one remote

get the green dot by the printer but in the app where its says print documents I can pull up a something and

there must be a setting either on the printer or in the router that is causing the problem as I am trying to print

from a laptop, iphone, ipad, andoid phone and android tablet and all will not see the printer

Regards

John

0 Kudos
motorphotos
Author
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 6 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have done that and printed the wireless set up page which says its connected to the newtwork etc with

all passes and good signal strength

Still get its offline on the laptop and no printers on phones and tablets

can still type in ip address and get the printer page and on my samsung phone with the hp all in one remote

get the green dot by the printer but in the app where its says print documents I can pull up a something and

there must be a setting either on the printer or in the router that is causing the problem as I am trying to print

from a laptop, iphone, ipad, andoid phone and android tablet and all will not see the printer

Regards

John

0 Kudos
Tags (2)
Rainbow23
Retired
Retired
7,692 7,685 427 601
Message 7 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@motorphotos,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue still persists after following the steps provided in the previous interaction.

Let me jump in with a solution for this issue in place of my colleague as he is out of the office today.

This issue could occur if the wireless setup is not correct.

Please follow the link: Wireless Printer Setup

Let me know if this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
motorphotos
Author
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 8 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I have set up the printer on the network and printer the wireless set up page from printer

I can access the printer from laptop and ipad iphone and android devices by typing in ip address and from the page i get by typing in ip address I can print the test page

However if I want to print email letter in ms word etc it says the printer is offline

I am not sure why no apps or in windows no programs think the printer is offline
0 Kudos
Rainbow23
Retired
Retired
7,692 7,685 427 601
Message 9 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@motorphotos,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue occurs while printing from MS Word.

Please follow the link: http://bit.ly/2nwfaNl

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
motorphotos
Author
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 10 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
No the problem occurs when trying to print from any application on laptop and on all ios or Android device as none of these see the printer

All devises and laptop CAN access set up screen by typing in ip address

This is not a laptop/ device problem as all the devices WILL print to my Epson printer on the same network
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation