Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
12-29-2015 01:18 PM
I am at my wits end. I dont know how and don't care but I need to reset this piece of trash so I can get my work done. I cant get into any settings and now i cant even connect to it at all now that I bought a new router. Ive been in to the security settings and givin all permissions to everything listed. didnt work. I see this problem all over the web but have yet to find a solution. Really HP?
12-30-2015 06:16 PM
Welcome to the HP Community @1guzzirider,
I saw your post asking how to hard reset your Officejet Pro 8610 printer, and I would like to help.
To reset the printer, follow the steps below.
- Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
NOTE:HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
- Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
I will also recommend that you try to restore defaults.
If you disable some functions or change some settings and want to change them back, you can restore the printer to the original factory settings or network settings. To restore the printer to the original factory settings
1. From the printer control panel display, touch and slide your finger across the screen and then touch Setup.
2. Touch Tools.
3. Touch Restore Factory Defaults, and then touch Yes. A message appears stating that the printer defaults have been restored.
4. Touch OK
If you are still experiencing the issue after you have tried these steps I will recommend that you contact HP:
Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number
Case number and phone number appear
If this helps show appreciation for my reply by hitting the thumbs up below
Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I have helped you reach a solution.
06-05-2017 06:51 PM
Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.
As I understand you want to unlock the administrator settings on your HP OfficeJet Pro 8610 printer. I'll be really glad to help you with this,
Let's start by performing a Hard reset on the printer.
Please make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet and not to the surge protector.
Remove all the ink cartridges and then try to perform a hard reset on the printer.
With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
Remove USB cable, if present.
Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.
Now insert the ink cartridges and then try to print a test page and check if it works.
If the issue persists, I would suggest the next option would be to perform an advanced reset on the printer.
I am sending you a private message with the steps to reset the printer. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.
Let me know if that helps. Thank you!
I am an HP Employee