Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My recently bought HP OfficeJet Pro X576DW displays and initiates a Paper Jam warning and holds printing subsequently. However, there is no "paper jammed".

Seems like one of the sensors is confused.

Is there a way to hard reset the printer, cause it is not working right now.

39 REPLIES 39
HP Recommended

Hope I can help you.

First, please see if you can make sure you have the latest version of firmware on your printer. If you hit the "?" mark and then touch Printer Information, you'll see the FW Version as the last thing on the screen.

The most current ends in 1336MR. If you have a number <1336, please update the FW.

The easiest way to check for FW is to have the printer connected to web services. The small icon on the upper left is for Web Services and under that menu is to check for update.

Then...
Settings/Tools/Advanced Cleaning.

Normally, this requires sending out of a cleaning pad by HP, however, try feeding a piece of card stock through tray 1. This may fix your paperjam.

Let me know.

HP Product Expert for the Officejet Pro X and PageWide Pro Series.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
See a great post? Give it a Kudos!
HP Recommended

Thanks for your help.

Firmware needs to be updated.

However the paper jam alert seems to block all following tasks. Firmware update was downloaded successfully, but the printer freezes when updating the printer firmware software.

Also the paper jam alert keeps popping up.

Therefore I'm looking for a solution for a full reset.

Is there one?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Checking into this. I'll get back to you shortly.

HP Recommended

Hope you are still hanging with me on this.

Make sure all print jobs in the queue from the PC are cancelled. No jobs should be trying to be sent.

Restart the printer and get to the home menu.

Touch the "?" and let me know what the FW version is. Last entry on the screen. Once I know which version you have, I can let you know what to do.

HP Recommended

Sorry to get back to you late. I hoped a 'cool down' would solve my issue. It didn't, the paper jam still persists and is being pushed while there is no paper jammed, or any print job queued.

However I managed to successfully update the firmware.

New firmware is: LZP1CN-1336MR

(updated from LZP1CN-1315FR).

Thanks for your help

HP Recommended

We are having the exact same problem. We have had a X576dw for a year and it worked flawlessly, never having a paper jam once for the entire year. Now, we just got a new one and it jammed after the first day. We cleared the paper, and are still having problems with a phantom paper jam. It sounds like there is an extra "clicking" sound when it tries to print. We were actual able to get a test print after a hard reset, but then it went back to the phantom jam. This is such a bummer, as we love (loved?) this printer!!!!

HP Recommended

No sure if this helps, but when you do a hard reset and to a test print, the tes print only comes 3/4 the way out. After that, the phantom paper jam error happens.

Argggh!!!!!!

HP Recommended

I also have this issue.  The firmware update process indicates it is on the latest (LZP1CN1409BR) and we still get an issue?  What do we do from here?

HP Recommended

Hi,

There are some troubleshooting steps to clear jams which our support agents can walk you through. However, you may want to try this out as well.

Paper Jam Clearing Video

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.