Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
photosmart 6510
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Printer was working fine.  Had to change cartridge. First I had no black and now I have no color either.  The printer said i didn't have real HP although now it shows I do. I never bought my cartridges anywhere but Staples.  Bought the print Oct. 2012 so have changed many cartridges before.  Have followed everything I could find.  Still not printing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @mjohns390,

I read your post and see that you can't print in black or color now. I would like to help you out today. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the " "Accept as Solution" " button down below in this message. If you wish to say thanks for my effort to help, click the " Thumbs Up " to give me a Kudos. Smiley Happy

Please try these steps to see if it will help resolve the issue.

Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages. 

This document is for cleaning the cartridge and contacts, checking the tab on the cartridge and resetting the printer. 'Incompatible Ink Cartridge' or 'Indicated Ink Cartridge Must Be Replaced' Message Displays on the C...

If the issue persists, then do a power reset. An Alphanumeric Code (Example: '0x......' or 'C2......') Displays on the Front Panel When Printing. Disregard the title.

This model has a permanent printhead, this video shows you how to gain access to the printhead so you can clean it manually inside the printer and soaking the printhead, this is my own personal recommendation, not one of HPs, is to use the solution offered in the following videos.  I only suggest doing this if the printer is out of warranty.

Once you get to the clock at 3:20 minutes you can stop this video.

Разборка HP Photosmart 6510 (Disassembly HP Photosmart 6510)..

This video is for a different model but it will provide the steps for moving the printhead and cleaning, also if you continue the video it will provide steps for removing the printhead and soaking it. Start the video at 1:24 minutes. HP 5510 won't print black and colors - printhead removal and cleaning .

If you completed all the preceding steps and your product still has an issue, service the product.

Hope this helps. Let me know how you make out. Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @mjohns390,

I read your post and see that you can't print in black or color now. I would like to help you out today. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the " "Accept as Solution" " button down below in this message. If you wish to say thanks for my effort to help, click the " Thumbs Up " to give me a Kudos. Smiley Happy

Please try these steps to see if it will help resolve the issue.

Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages. 

This document is for cleaning the cartridge and contacts, checking the tab on the cartridge and resetting the printer. 'Incompatible Ink Cartridge' or 'Indicated Ink Cartridge Must Be Replaced' Message Displays on the C...

If the issue persists, then do a power reset. An Alphanumeric Code (Example: '0x......' or 'C2......') Displays on the Front Panel When Printing. Disregard the title.

This model has a permanent printhead, this video shows you how to gain access to the printhead so you can clean it manually inside the printer and soaking the printhead, this is my own personal recommendation, not one of HPs, is to use the solution offered in the following videos.  I only suggest doing this if the printer is out of warranty.

Once you get to the clock at 3:20 minutes you can stop this video.

Разборка HP Photosmart 6510 (Disassembly HP Photosmart 6510)..

This video is for a different model but it will provide the steps for moving the printhead and cleaning, also if you continue the video it will provide steps for removing the printhead and soaking it. Start the video at 1:24 minutes. HP 5510 won't print black and colors - printhead removal and cleaning .

If you completed all the preceding steps and your product still has an issue, service the product.

Hope this helps. Let me know how you make out. Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Thank you so much.  I had gotten the color working yesterday but still couldn't get the black to work. I did not want to go buy a new printer right now so your information was just what I needed. I used the 5510 video and the black is now printing.  It is very light right now but I know with use it will improve. I'm a senior (medicare) and if I can do it there's hope for everyone else. Beside, climbing to the roof and dropping it would've been a little dangerous for me. Thank you again.

HP Recommended

Hi @mjohns390,

I am very glad to hear that the printer is working better. I appreciate the humor, I had a good chuckle. You made my day.

{Happy Dance :smileyvery-happy:}

Have a wonderful weekend!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Well, I guess I celebrated too soon.  The printer would not copy anything that was black.  So, my investigation has determined the colors are working and when I print somethin (not copy) the light color is due to the black being made by the colors.  It actually looks light blue. I'm going to keep trying though.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.