Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

when i first bought my printer, i was able to print only twice. however, one time i turned it on and it has an error that there is a print cartridge problem. i tried to take out the cartridges and stuff. but that hasnt done anything. anyone have a similar experience know how to fix it?

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

It seems simple enough, but this is one of the most effective ways of fixing printer cartridge error. Mostly, printer cartridge error occurs when the printer head is unable to identify the cartridge properly. And the basic reason behind this is that the cartridge is improperly attached.

To reattach the cartridge check the following steps :

• Turn on the lid of the printer and then remove the cartridge from the printer head.
  • Check the cartridge to make sure that there are no scratches or other damaged parts that can contribute to a printer cartridge error report.
  • Take note that the cartridge should not be left open for more than 30 minutes; otherwise the ink will start to dry up and the cartridge will get clogged.
HP Recommended

I have been having the same problem. I have taken the ink cartridge out and put it back in several times. I have check to make sure it is not broken or dirty, the cartridge as far as I can tell looks fine. I can't find any reason as to why it is not working. Is there anything else I can do besides going out and buying a new cartridge? Is this a common problem? Does this happen with all printers or is this an HP problem?

HP Recommended

I have the same problem too. Doesnt make any sense cause my ink catridge is full of ink.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. I've replaced both cartridges with HP "genuines" and still get the error message. Somebody must know a solution to this problem.

HP Recommended

i also have the same problem ,i hardly took 10 prints,maybe this is a defective model.

Can someone in HP answer the problem.I went to buy the cartridge but the vendor said that the carttridge is fine.

HP Recommended

I continually have this problem with my Photosmart C4795. For a short time I was re-filling used cartridges, both B/W and Color, and eventually they quit working. I had to purchase new cartridges. I just purchased a new one last week, now the problem is occurring again. I am ready to move on from HP. Others are less expensive.

HP Recommended

I have had endless problems with the c4795.  Since purchasing in 2010 I estimate about 15 minutes of troubeshooting for every page I have printed.   The latest problem is the cartridge error - I ran out of black ink and tried to replace and neither cartridge stays in place and I get an error message that cartridge arm can't move and to check for jams.  Any suggestions folks have to remedy this issue would be appreciated.  Thx

HP Recommended

What i did was to remove a old color cartridge i had together with the recently purchased b&w one and then restart/shut down the printer for each printing

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. I reinstalled cartridges, put in the new ones. None solved the problem. I am sick of all the problems I had with the hp printers (I have 3 hp printers). I am ready to leave hp products I think.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.