Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Deskjet 1000 j110....it will print documents, not pictures.  it did print pictures before. followed all advice in support assistant/troubleshooting without success.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Greetings @cogburn12

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are unable to print photos on your printer. But, you are able to print documents. 

Not to worry, I will be glad to help. However, require more information for me to be able to assist you better.

May I know the operating system installed on your computer?

Have you tried to print photos from different applications?

Recommend you refer to the below articles for assistance in printing photos. 

HP Printers - Printing Photos (Mac)

HP Printers - Printing Photos (Windows)

As you have not mentioned the operating system, I have provided the link for both MAC and Windows. 

Please follow the procedure based on the operating system installed on your computer. 

Let me know if it helped. Please provide the requested information for further assistance. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Windows 7

HP Recommended

Yes, I can print a picture directly from the internet,  but not from the picture library on the computer.

When attempting to print from the picture library, the "getting ready to print" bar appears and fills quickly,  the printer icon appears in the task bar, it says "1document printing" but nothing happens and seconds later it says "0 documents printing"  If I then try to print this or another picture the icon never appears and nothing happens.

HP Recommended

Hi @cogburn12,

I am the The_Fossette. It looks like you were interacting with @Chimney_83, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

I recommend you to follow below steps and check if it helps.

1. If the printer is off, turn on the printer, and then check the status of the printer.

• If the printer starts printing jobs from the print queue, your printer is clearing out queued print jobs and is online. You can stop troubleshooting.

• If the printer goes to an idle state after its startup routine, it might be online.

• If the computer still shows the printer as offline, continue using these steps.

2. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.

3. Unplug the printer power cord from the wall outlet.

4. Wait at least 60 seconds. Restart the computer while you are waiting.

5. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

6. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

7. If the printer does not turn on by itself, press the Power button to turn it on.

8. Make sure the printer is connected to the computer or the network.

• Wireless network connection: On the printer, open the Wireless network or Settings menu to make sure the wireless signal is turned on. Make sure the light next to the Wireless icon  is on and steady.

• Wired network connection: Make sure the cable is connected to the printer Ethernet port  and to an available port on the router. The green link light should be steady, and the orange activity light should blink.

Figure : Connect the cable to the printer and to the router

Connect the Ethernet cable to the printer and to the router
    • USB connection: Make sure the cable is securely connected to the printer and to a working USB port on the computer.

9. Try to print.

Let me know how it goes.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No, the result was the same. No printing.

The printer icon appears, it says 1 document printing, then says 0 document printing.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and trying the suggested steps, the issue you are facing seems to be a driver issue. 

Have you tried to print the photos from any other application?

Recommend you follow the procedure mentioned below to uninstall the printer cleanly and install it back on the computer. 

The procedure might look complicated but should resolve the issue you are facing. 

Uninstall the printer from "programs and features" which can be accessed by doing a right-click on the Windows button (Please have the printer Off and disconnected during uninstallation.)

Check in device manager, if the printer is listed there, please delete it. (Right click on the Windows button to access device manager)

Go to devices and printers, select any printer listed there and you will get some options on the top. 

Click on print server properties. 

You will get a popup, click on the drivers tab and delete all the HP printer drivers listed there, if any.

Delete all the instances of your printer listed in devices and printers.

Restart the PC.

Once the PC is on the desktop, press Win + R, it would bring a Run dialog box, 

Type %temp% in the run box and click Ok or hit the Enter button.

It would bring up the temporary files folder. Delete the files in the folder (You might not be able to delete all the files).

If possible, delete the printer from the registries using Regedit or using any other 3rd party application.

Restart the PC again. 

Download the latest full feature driver from www.hp.com/drivers and install it on the computer.

Connect the printer to your computer only when the setup prompts for the printer. 

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Too complicated!!

I'll make other arrangements.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi @cogburn12,

Thank you for keeping me posted.

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.