Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
laser jet pro mfp m277dw
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I've seen past forums regarding the issue of this unit automatically shutting down after prest number of hours.  Is anyone aware of a solution yet to the problem of not being able to wake the printer up again without manually turning it back on?  Or is there a way to prevent it from shutting down altogether?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @cmd3,

Welcome to the HP Forums.

I would be happy to help you with your HP LaserJet Pro MFP M277dw. I understand that your printer goes offline Issue.
I would like to help you resolve this issue.

Reset the printer

1. Make sure the printer is idle, not making any sounds, before continuing.

2. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

3. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

4. Wait at least 60 seconds.

5. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

6. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

7. If the printer does not turn on by itself, press the Power button  to turn it on.

Remove multiple printers from the printer list

1. Search the Mac for Print, and then click Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners in the list of results.

2. Find the printer names that match your printer from the list of devices.

Figure : Printers and Scanner window with multiple names of a printer in the list

Printers and Scanner window with multiple names of HP Photosmart 7520 printers shown  in the list
  3. If you see multiple printer queues for the same printer, remove all extra printers by selecting them one at a time, and then clicking the minus button  at the bottom of the list. Leave one 'idle' printer in the list that matches your printer if available and use this printer as the Default printer.

4. Try printing again.

Reset the printing system

1. Right-click (or Ctrl + click) the blank space in the Printers list, and then click Reset printing system....

Figure : Resetting the print system

Printers and Scanners windows showing the Reset printing system selection
  2. Click Reset in the confirmation window.

3. Enter the administrator user name and password, and then click OK.

4. Wait until the printing system is reset and no devices show in the Printers list.

5. Add your printer to the list again as was done previously.

6. Try printing again.

Click here and refer the document to perform the above steps.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Follow instructions in your manual and select:  When ports are active.  Believe you printer will thanstay in the sleep mode when not used.

Configure the Delay Shut Down setting

1. On the product control panel, touch the Setup button.

2. Open the following menus:

System Setup

Energy Settings

Delay Shut Down

3. Select one of the delay options:

No Delay: The product shuts down after a period of inactivity determined by the Shut Down After setting.

When Ports Are Active: When this option is selected the product will not shut down unless all ports are inactive. An active network link or fax connection will prevent the product from shutting down.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.