cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
DMedina0206
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

printer not compatible with 3.0 usb

HP Recommended

I have a new Samsung laptop with 3.0 usb hubs and I have an HP Officejet H470 mobile printer and it says it not compatible with 3.0 usb.... I do have a 2.0 cord but still does not work. I have tried downloading driver updates also and no luck. Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,322 90,199 11,594 24,865
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Most older printers won't compatible with USB 3.0 and they won't run thru USB hubs. USB 3.0 should backward compatible with USB 2.0 BUT that is not the case for some older devices.

Please try to plug printer ONLY WHEN the installation process asking for (do not plug before that) and hope your Samsung can find it, otherwise only options (a) use different laptop or (b) use different printer.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation