cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
David-F
Level 1
9 3 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

printer will not turn off.

HP Recommended
HP 6830
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP 6830 all in one printer that for some reason will not turn off. When I hit the OFF button it will just show "shutting down" in a blue circle and never turn off. I have tried unplugging it for 5 min. and it will come back on when I push the ON button. It will print web pages, but if I try and print something (not on the web, not through the computer) on the glass screen, it won't print that either.  Has the same spinning blue circle. I have unplugged it and done this a few times (also restated my computer and cleared the cookies) and it still won't turn off with the power button.

Hope this makes sence.

David

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
sabretooth04
Level 14
21,074 20,455 1,540 3,516
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try here the HP web site to be sure.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-6830-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5390307/model...

If you do this 2-3 times and no joy, your printer needs service.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation