Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy 4520
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

the printer will not accept the page size of the avery labels. Avery # 74457 & refuses to print.  I am using the Avery software to format the labels but the printer doesn't like it. I appreciate some help. Thanks rcoombs.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi! @rcoombs, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand you have issue printing Avery labels from your printer.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Have you tried printing using a different brand Avery label?

Please try the steps recommended below.

Check the paper size setting to make sure it matches the paper you want to print.
   NOTE:
Some printers have an option to ignore the error and continue printing. If you choose to ignore the error, the margins on your printout might not be proportional to the edges of the paper.
In the program, you want to print from, click File, and then click Print.
Make sure your printer is in the Name or Printers drop-down list box, and then click Properties, Printer Properties or Preferences.
Click the Paper/Quality tab.
Click Advanced, if necessary, and then click Paper Size.
Select the paper size that matches the size and type of paper loaded in the printer tray, and then click OK. If there are no matching paper sizes, select the size from the list that is closest to the size of the paper loaded in the tray.
Click OK, and then try to print.
   NOTE:
If you are printing envelopes, you might need to change the mail settings of the program you are printing from in addition to adjusting print settings in the driver. For information on changing envelope settings in Microsoft Word, see How do I adjust the envelope settings in Microsoft Word? in the FAQ section of this document.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot paper mismatch errors.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Mr Robot,

I am trying to print Avery labels #74457. They are 2 1/4x3 1/2 inch badges, 4 badges per sheet. My printer does not

have a paper size that matches this. How can I fix this problem? Richard.

HP Recommended

@rcoombs, Thanks or your quick response and time.

As have checked the printer specifications and your printer can only print the listed labels.

Letter-sized sheets
216 x 279 mm (8.5 x 11.0 inches)
A4-sized sheets
210 x 297 mm (8.3 x 11.7 inches)

Refer the printer specifications for more information.

Hope this answers your query!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.