Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp 8500A (A910u)
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

HP Officejet 8500A (!910u) all in one

Windows 7 - 64

USB connection

Replaced print head and now printer attempts to align print heads before each and every print job. Then repeats allignment ad infinitem! Each time it say "FAILED" but sheet looks beat and crisp.

How do I stop this behavior? Also runs "Clean Print Heads"each and every time. each cycle takes 20-30 min and it will not print preferring to repeat cycle over again!

Have reset to Factory Specs but alignment still appears. found out the if I cancel program (ctrl-F4) and exit program printer will print but this happens every time I want to print!

Steele

[Personal Information Removed]

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

In your post from Friday the cyan was not printing on your Offciejet 8500 printer.  Did replacing the cyan/magenta printhead resolve that issue?  The alignment process requires black and cyan to be printing properly.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Bob,

Thnk you. Yes Cyan is now printing after print head replacement. But alignment will not complete and restarts every print attempt.

The work around is to kill the alignment program that opens each and every time by right clickibg the task bar icib abd closing window every time I want to print.

HP Align.jpg

Steele1

HP Recommended

PLEASE REFER TO BOB HENDRICKS;

The answer to the alignment failure is the following:

After replacing the printhead, each time I attempted to print I was given the alignment request on my computer screen. It would attempt alignment either before or after printing depending upon my choice on the screen and always the allignment would "FAIL" and the warning would repeat upon the next print request. This must have happened over 30-40 times with a great waste of paper no less ink.

Something must be preventing the alignment, and after repeated fits of anger at HP for their stupid printer, I again attempted to align the print heads but this time I went to the printer itself not through the software on the computer. Upon reaching the Tools screen on the printer face and selecting Alignment the process completed correctly the first time.

Therefore, the alignment needs to be accomplished not through the computer sorftware interface which was requesting the alignment and starting it BUT with the printer ITSELF! Assuming that the computer software interface was the same as selecting alignment on the printer itself was the point of failure!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.