Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
"GET / devmgmt / DiscoveryTree.xml HTTP/1.1
HP Recommended

necesito repuesta rapido

HP Recommended

HI

Thanks for the help. I kept trying to install but it never would complete the installation so I deleted all drivers including "printfil"  which is a program that allows me to print checks and it finally let me install the software. Then the options that I needed to change were in the options in the print set up. This took so long to figure out that when I got the printer printing

I never got back to thank you. I also had the problem of trying to make printfil work. Did have to have a repair person come in for that. kudos

HP Recommended

My HP P2015d printer linked to my new 64bit Windows7 PC prints random pages containing "GET /DevMgmt/DiscoveryTree.xml HTTP/1.1
Host: 127.0.0.1:8080"  How do I stop this?

HP Recommended

First thing I would try is updating the firmware to the latest version. Go here and enter your printer, follow the links from there:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/siteHome?lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&jumpid=reg_r1002_usen&product=top

Firmware will be located in the 'Download drivers and software' choice on your product page.

007OHMSS

I was a support engineer for HP.

If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
HP Recommended

what do i need to do to fix this message- GET /DevMgmt/DiscoveryTree......" problems

HP Recommended

You will get this type of page out if you are using the Univerisal Print Driver 5.4 however if you are able, I would suggest you switch the to full solution driver to solve you issue. If you prefer the Univerisal Print Driver, then you should upgrade to the new version when it is published.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution

HP Recommended

prints after every print jonb laser jet p2015dn

HP Recommended

2 possible solutions:

1. try shutting off your bi-directional. You can find this is your printer properties > Ports tab > unclick the bidirectional support box.

2. If you haven't  upgrade to UPD 5.5.  I would suggest that you uninstall UPD 5.4 and install UPD 5.5. You will not see this issue if you use UPD 5.5 and networked using dynamic or traditional mode. If you need to use a USB cable, then you need to install using PnPutil. For information on how to use PnPutil, see this Microsoft document:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff550419(v=vs.85).aspx

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution

HP Recommended

My HP P2015d printer linked to my new 64bit Windows7 PC prints random pages containing "GET /DevMgmt/DiscoveryTree.xml HTTP/1.1
Host: 127.0.0.1:8080

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.