Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have an Officejet J4680 and the unit seems to be in need of a reset.  Any suggestions??

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended
This document provides basic instructions for performing a partial reset of the product. Performing a partial reset accomplishes the following:
  • All user menu settings are reset to the default values.
  • All telephony parameter values are reset to the default values.
  • Country and language UI is reset to the default values.
  • Fax memory is cleared.
Performing a partial reset of the All-in-One
  1. Disconnect the power cord from the back of the product, and then wait for 20 seconds.
  2. Press and hold # and 3 on the product control panel while connecting the power cord to the back of the product.
  3. Release the buttons when the product turns on. The reset is complete.

tecnical support for hp printing
HP Recommended

@jenglishsr8751 wrote:

I have an Officejet J4680 and the unit seems to be in need of a reset.  Any suggestions??

HP Recommended

i have an hp officejet j4680 and have replaced both cartridges and no matter what i do the tri colour cartridge keeps coming up as not compatable can anyone help solve the problem?i have cleaned all porint heads and cartridge contacts .done a hard reset of printer and the warning sign is still blinkink

HP Recommended

I tried the 3 steps for a Partial Reset given by  above and it did not work for me.  This is what I came up with through trial-and-error, modifying their instructions.

Performing a "modified" partial reset of the HP J4680 All-in-One Printer.

1.  Disconnect the power cord from the back of the printer.
2.  Plug back in.
3.  Before the black block scrolls completely across the screen (& parks, dead)...
4.  Disconnect the power cord from the back of the printer.
5.  Wait for 20 seconds.
6.  Press and hold # key
7.  Connect the power cord to the back of the printer.
8.  While holding # key, press and hold 3 key on the printer control panel.
9.  Release the buttons when the printer turns on. The reset is complete.  You will have to reset some basic settings (Language, Location, etc.).

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.