Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet 4250tn
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 (64-bit)

We print some pages with a border  and others without.  After printing a page with a border we get a residual black line on the next few pages.  This is a new problem and we aren't sure how to resolve it.   The line will not appear unless we print pages with a border.  We tried running a cleaning page and changing the toner.  It does not fix the problem.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I would recommend updating your FW .

Go to the Software and Drivers Download page at HP.com and install the latest available firmware for the printer.

Check to make sure the toner collection unit isn't full. 

Finally, print a cleaning page from the control panel of the Printer, normally you would select the following from the menu:

• Device Maintenance
  • Calibration / Cleaning
  • Cleaning page

I am an HP Employee
I work in Laser Jet Printing
The opinions expressed here are my own and not those of HP.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.