Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
05-17-2017 05:54 PM - edited 05-17-2017 05:58 PM
When I scan an 8 1/2 by 11 document it does not create full scan regardless of where it is located on the scanner. It sometimes cuts off the top and then it only scans about 1/4 of the page. I have tried re-starting. I went to the HP help icon on my desktop and ran the program and it got stuck in downloading.
Went to the help page to chat. Received error code. Called number provided. They told me to go to a webpage that provided no help whatsoever.
Update - After I created this message the scanner miraculously worked. This has been an ongoing intermittant problem and I have no idea why it is working now.
05-18-2017 03:44 PM
Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.
I understand that you have an HP Photosmart C4780 All-in-One Printer. I read that the scanner does not work properly. It does not scan the complete page and cuts off the top and scans only the 1/4th of the page.
To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Does this happen while making a copy also? If not, then it means that the scanning hardware is fine.
- Did any software changes or updates happen for the printer?
I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:
- Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
- Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
- Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
- The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector. Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.
Now, please download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor software. This is a free tool for Windows to help resolve issues with the printer drivers.
Alternately, you may try to scan using the HP Scan and Capture app and check the results.
I hope this information helps. Let me know. Good luck! 🙂