Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My printer keeps printing the alignment page (probably 50 times).  WHAT IS THE SOLUTION?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@pmotta

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. I came across your post and would like to assist.

I understand that your HP DeskJet 3630 All-in-One Printer prints an alignment page often. 

Did any hardware changes take place on the printer recently (probably an ink cartridge replacement)?

Are you using original HP ink cartridges or refilled ink cartridges?

Was the alignment successful or not initially?

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Remove the sheets of paper from the printer so that the printer does not start printing the alignment pages.
  • Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
  • Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
  • Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
  • The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector.
  • Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.

If the printer continues to print alignment pages then I suggest you to perform the steps from this HP document. Though these steps also help in fixing alignment failures.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know the outcome. All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended

In order to stop this you must manually perform a printer alignment until successful completion.   Please perform this on the printer.

HP Recommended

Here's what I do when this message pops up on my  HP ENVY5530.  On the printer's heads up screen I press "OK" to start the align process. The process starts and also displays a red "X". I immediately press the "X".  The printer halts the process and thinks it was completed. 

No paper or ink used.   Works for me on this printer. Bill

HP Recommended

Hi I would like to assist to the best of my ability to solve your problem.I hope the information i supply will be of help.Just for information some technical information is protected by HP and is not allowed to be answered.This is unfortunate and you will have to contact a HP repair shop for the help in this case.As far as i know you must after printing the alignment page do the scan of the alignment page to finalize this process. Hope this will help.

I am A certified Copier Technician.
It is so nice to give some help where possible and the forum is a great idea Thank You.Sometimes a picture speaks louder than words to find a solution.Should you find my help use full just give some credit for my effort please.
.Thank You.Copier-Pro
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the “Accept as Solution”button, “Thumbs up" button!

#################################################################
I'M NOT AN HP EMPLOYEE AND DO ANSWER THESE QUESTION ON MY OWN BEHALF.
#################################################################
HP Recommended

My printer just keep telling me to align cartridges and won't print.  I have tried everything suggested but it is still the same.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi,

Fix Alignment Errors on HP Printers | HP Printers | @HPSupport 

JessikaV
HP Support Community Administrator

I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.