Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Today i bought the above mentioned device and connected through eithernet but i am not able to send the fax from PC as Fax printer/icon is not appearing in PC.

I have to send many faxes and i bought this machine after reviewing the datasheet which clearly mentions "PC FAX SEND ONLY".

means i can send the faxes from my PC directly without printing the page and putting into fax tray.

I request HP team to help me to setup the printer

Regards

MYM

{Personal Information Removed}

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi sainmym,

First make sure you have the Fax driver installed in the Devices and Printers, and then when you go to send a fax from the printing application make sure you designate the HP Officejet 4500 G510 fax driver. When you press print you will get the fax dialog box in step 3.

1.JPG

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi sainmym,

Do you have two print icons in the printer folder?

1. Officejet 4500 g510 series

2. Officejet 4500 g510 series fax

Fax to PC and Fax to Mac requirements

• The administrator computer, the computer that activated the Fax to PC or Fax to Mac

feature, must be on at all times. Only one computer can act as the Fax to PC or Fax

to Mac administrator computer.

• The destination folder's computer or server, must be on at all times. The destination

computer must also be awake, faxes will not be saved if the computer is asleep or in

hibernate mode.

• HP Digital Imaging monitor in Windows Taskbar must be on at all times.

• Paper must be loaded in the input tray.

Activate Fax to PC:

Use the Fax to PC Setup Wizard to activate Fax to PC. The Fax to PC Setup Wizard can

be started from the Solution Center or the Fax to PC Setup Wizard on the control panel.

To set up Fax to Mac on Mac OS X, use the HP Setup Assistant (which can be launched

from the HP Utility).

To set up the Fax to PC from the Solution Center (Windows)

1. Open the Solution Center. For more information, see Use the HP Solution Center

(Windows)

2. Select Settings, and then select Fax to PC Setup Wizard.

3. Follow the onscreen instructions to set up Fax to PC.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Hi sainmym,

First make sure you have the Fax driver installed in the Devices and Printers, and then when you go to send a fax from the printing application make sure you designate the HP Officejet 4500 G510 fax driver. When you press print you will get the fax dialog box in step 3.

1.JPG

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

naber

HP Recommended

How do I get the fax icon? i have the hp Chrome it doesnt have a disc drive.  

HP Recommended

I can fax from MY PC but the FAX that is sent is skewed.  If I run a fax directly from the 4500 to the same number it is readable, but If I select a word document or a PDF file, it skews the wording in the Document whether word or PDF. 

I'm sure I have something turned on that should NOT be, but I can't figure it out.  I had a brother MFC for 10 years and I just wore it out, we have this HP Officejet 4500 Wireless printer that was not being Used so I thought I would try it.  It has been more work and time consuming than the brother ever was in 10 years.

If anyone has any ideas, it would be appreciated.  Yes I can receive and send FAXes from the printer.

I tried to set up where the incoming FAXES would go to my PC, but they are all printing and NOT one has gone to my PC.  That is considered a minor problem.

HP Recommended

Hi StephenH2014,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums. I understand that when sending faxes from your computer using your Officejet 4500 wireless printer, that the document that sends is skewed.

To better assist you, would you please provide some additional information:

1. Is the printer connected wirelessly or by USB cable?  If it is connected wirelessly, does the same issue occur when sending the fax when connected by USB cable?
  2. When you print the same document instead of faxing does it print skewed?
  3. What operating system are you using on your computer? whatsmyos.com
  4. For the incoming faxes that print instead of going to your PC, have you reviewed the requirements for Fax to PC and Fax to Mac requirements show in your User Guide on page 50?
  5. Are you able to make a copy from the front panel of the printer?  If yes, is the copy skewed?
  6. Is the printer plugged directly into a wall outlet?

Thank you.

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

1. The printer is connected Wireless.  I tried to connect USB, and I was unable to make the connection work in the Setup, it was like it did not see the USB connection on the printer. The window that pops up during the installation stating to plug into USB pops up, I plugged the printer into the USB, the PC makes the sound, but the Setup Window never acknowleded the USB connection.  This printer has been on our Wireless connection for a long time, we did NOT have a phone line connected until now, so I thought I would take advantage of the FAX capabilities.  The answer for USB, is no it has never been connected.

2.  When I print the same docuement it will print fine.  NO ISSUES with the print.

3.  Windows 7

4. Yes over and over.  I guess I'm confused here.  On the Printer window  FAX to PC I have the Hostname, should FAX to PC be "ON" or OFF?  To me it should be on.

5. When I do a copy on the printer it comes out fine.

6. Printer is plugged into into Backup Battery Surge Protector.

HP Recommended

Hi StephenH2014,

Thank you for your prompt and complete response.  I very much appreciate it.

Please Try the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows.  The HP Print and Scan Doctor is a free utility (tool) that helps to quickly resolve common printing, scanning and connectivity issues.  It works with most HP printers, is available in most languages, and works in Windows operating systems only.

If the Print and Scan Doctor find nothing wrong and the faxes are still skewed, please follow the steps for removing just the printer driver in Microsoft’s Update and Manage Printer Drivers document.  Once the printer driver is removed, please rerun the Print and Scan Doctor.  It should reinstall the printer driver.  Please try faxing again. 

If it is still skewed, please Uninstall the Printer Software. There is a section for each supported operating system, please click on  the + beside Windows 7 and follow the steps.   Once the printer is completely uninstalled, please reboot your computer.  After rebooting your computer use this document, How Do I Find the Best Windows 7 or Windows 8 Driver for My Printer? to install the printer. It will walk you through downloading and installing HP’s Printer Install Wizard.  It will help you find the right driver for your HP printer.  Please try faxing again.

If you run into any errors while trying to do any of the above, please let me know at what step you were and the contents of the error message.  Thank you.

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Is it possible to get a windows 10 compatible  HP Officejet 4500 G510 fax driver? I can't find one online. If there is one can you connect me to it. IF there isn't one can someone create said PC to fax program. IT would make alot of peoples lives easier and save paper.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.