Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

When scanning the page printed to align cartridges it keeps saying failed cartridges are set to  default

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi Joolz,

Welcome to the HP Consumer Printer Forums.

I'd like to see if I can help you with this issue, but need a little more information first:

1. What printer do you have?

2. What operating system is on your computer?

🙂 If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Re: what does cartridges are set to default mean when first trying to print a picture?

HP Recommended

I have this problem and cannot find the answer

I would be very grateful for advice.

I have a Deskjet 3070A

thanks

HP Recommended

Hey 4ggs,

The message that the alignment failed and that the cartridges are set to default. This means that the cartridges are not fully aligned, and you may see the printed text not as wavy across the page. I have included the document 'An 'Alignment Failed' Error Message Displays on the All-in-One'. Please follow through the steps in order for the best results.

Please let me know if you are able to align your printer successfully, thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thanks for your advice.

I have followed all the proceedures twice but I still have the same message.

The printer is new -however out of warranty. I have only used it a couple of times with the test cartridges supplied. 

The cartridges I am trying to use now are brand new HP cartridges and I still get the message saying " Alignment failed Cartridges are set to default quality".

I am really at a complete loss.

:Crying:

HP Recommended

Hello 4ggs,

After completing all the troubleshooting steps in the document 'An 'Alignment Failed' Error Message Displays on the All-in-One', and trying a different set of cartridges. These steps have determined that it is a hardware failure with the printer.

The next step that I can suggest for you, is to contact technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl. For any repair or replacement options that are available to you.

Best of luck!

I worked on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Many thanks.

I shall take the printer to the shop.

I tried to click accept as solution but I get redirected to a video.

I have clicked the Kudos star.

HP Recommended

HP deskjet 3052A

HP Recommended

Can anyone help me my HP ENvy Printer is telling my the aligment has failed, cartridges are set to default quality

havent got a clue HELP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.