Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello PukaPuka,

Thanks for the post.  Check the below links for Win7.  Good Luck!

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/kb/docDisplay/?spf_p.tpst=kbDocDispl...

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdHome/?sp4ts.oid=12006&spf_p.t...

I work for HP but my posts and replies are my own....Thank you!

*Say thanks by clicking the *Kudos!* which is on the left*

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with (Accept as Solution) if it solves your issue.*

HP Recommended

sorry i made a mistake it's a 3100 laserjet

i've tried the installation 

windows 7

add printer...

windows update

but 3100 is not on the list

thanks for help 

HP Recommended

Hello again,

No worries. check this link below.  Unfortunately, there is nothing available for Win7/LJ3100.  You may be able to select another printer driver available in Win7 that has similiar functions as your LJ3100 such as LJ1220, LJ3015 or even the LJ Series II for just print capabilities.  Good Luck!

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/topIssuesDisplay/?sp4ts.oid=2435...

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with (Accept as Solution) if it solves your issue.*

HP Recommended

hello

it's midnight in France..

it's not working

i had the CD for Win2000 and i was able to make it compatible with XP (when it was said it was not compataible, fewx years ago)

so now

i have a new cable USB/mini centronics (just bought it 20 euros from amazon)

a new toner

I WANT TO MADE WIN7 compatible with my LJ3100 

SAVE THE PLANET

why should i have to put in the recycle bin my LASERJET still running with my XP computer?

it's just non sense 

i was thinking about installing XP program on 7 

and then try to make it compatible with 7

but if have troubles to unzip with 7 the package XP i've found on HP support page

is anyone has a solution?

sincerely

frenchie girl (tired)

HP Recommended

windows 7 driver for hp laserjet 1100

HP Recommended

Hello Bodiii,

Thanks for the post.  Unfortunately, there is not a WIN7 driver for this product as of yet.  I've included a thread below that may provide some options for you using the UPD or Universal Driver with your HP LJ 1000.  Below the first link is the product page link where you can find some great information regarding the LJ 1000.  Good Luck!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Install-Setup/HP-LaserJet-1000-Windows-7-32-64-bit/t...

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/psi/home/?cc=us&cc=us&lang=en&lang=en&sp4ts.oid=45...

HP Recommended

hello al

as i said in the 1st mesage

the HP was a 3100 all in one

and no drivers worked 

so i send back the cable i purchased (printer - USB) on amazon.com

i still have the 3100 all in one with my XP computer!!!

so i have 2 computers

DELL win 7 and no printer

DELL XP with my printer!!!

cheers

HP Recommended

Hi stix4,

None of your links is working anymore.  Searching HP LJ 1100 on your website claims the drivers were now part of Win7 and could be selected directy.  However this is not true, the printer is not listed under Win7. And I found no way to download any driver.

May you kindly provide a link to install a Win7 driver for this printer please?

Many Thanks,

Houman

HP Recommended

Hello Dear,

You can really instal the HP1100(MS) in Windows7. I was thinking that I cannot. But I did and succeeded.

You have to go to "Control Panel" then go to "Hardware and Sound" and in that "Devices and Printers"

Select "Add a printer" then  select Local Printer port "LPT1" if it is  parallel printer or "USB" port if it is

with USB cable, (both these in Local Printer selection). Go next

Check for HP Manufacturer in the select and check for Laser jet 1100(MS) in the Printer selection, do it

carefully, which will be there somewhere in middle of the too many selections, and then do next.

If the Printer Laser jet 1100(MS) is not in the selection, do "Windows Update" selection, mentioned adjuscent

to "Have Disk". 

Windows Update will update your Windows 7, and you will get LaserJet 1100 (MS) in the Printer  selection, once 

Windows is updated. This procedure might take long time though.

After Windows Update, you go through the procedure of installing the printer from HP (Manufacturer) and

LaserJet 1100(MS) which shoud be there now.

You will succeed.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.