Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

We have a Dell Vostro 200 desktop computer that we recently upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7.  We have an HP Photosmart c5580 All-In-One printer.  I have Microsoft Office 2003.  Recently downloaded HP Driver software version 13.0 from internet.  I can print everything except an excel document/spreadsheet.  Error message says something about "Ne03".  What is the problem???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Redfletcher,

Thank you for the requested information. I would like you to try and create a brand new Excel sheet. Office programs tend to store old hardware information which may have references. Are you trying to print existing sheets?

Create the new sheet, does this print? If this prints then you will need to recreate your old sheets, or you can contact Microsoft Office Support and see if there is a better way to fix this for you. Because the problem is only with Excel and all other documents are able to print to your C5500 series printer we know that the printer and software are fine.

You do also have the ability to use the Microsoft Fixit to try and troubleshoot MS Office, click on the link below to get started:

MS Fix It

I hope this helps, please let me know what happens when you create a new Excel sheet. 🙂

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @Redfletcher,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums! 🙂 I see you are running into some problems when trying to print Excel documents to your HP Photosmart C5580, when you attempt to print you get an error 'Ne03'. I have a few questions which will better help me help you:

1. Have all Windows updates been installed?

2. How is the printer connected, USB or Wireless?

3. Did you uninstall the previous software before reinstalling on the upgraded Windows 7 machine?

4. Is it only Excel/Word you are having issues with?

Please let me know the following information and we can go from there.

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thank you for responding

1.  I think so.

2.  USB

3.  I think so.  Upgrade was done by a professional retailer.

4.  Just Excel

I did find some similar questions with a "bandaid" type solution.  Open the excel document.  Click 'File", Click 'Print', in the dropdown change from default printer of 'HP Photosmart' to 'Microsoft Office Document Image Writer' or 'Microsoft XPS Document Writer'.  The background screen kind of "refreshes", then change back to default printer in the dropdown and it will print.  Weird, but it works.  Here's a question though...When I go to the Documents Folder, then click on Downloads - there is a folder that says 'HP Downloads'.  When I double click that, another folder opens that says 'HP Photosmart C5500 All-in-One Printer Series Full Feature Software and Driver - PS_AIO_04_C5500_NonNet_Full_Win_WW130_140'.  When I doulbe click that, another window pops up that says "extracting".  I always cancel it because I don't know what that will do.  Do you know?

HP Recommended

Redfletcher,

Thank you for the requested information. I would like you to try and create a brand new Excel sheet. Office programs tend to store old hardware information which may have references. Are you trying to print existing sheets?

Create the new sheet, does this print? If this prints then you will need to recreate your old sheets, or you can contact Microsoft Office Support and see if there is a better way to fix this for you. Because the problem is only with Excel and all other documents are able to print to your C5500 series printer we know that the printer and software are fine.

You do also have the ability to use the Microsoft Fixit to try and troubleshoot MS Office, click on the link below to get started:

MS Fix It

I hope this helps, please let me know what happens when you create a new Excel sheet. 🙂

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

One day I had some troubles even with the "bandaid" solution...then the next day I am able to print excel documents (old and new) without having to do anything different.  Seems to be working OK now.  Also had some trouble printing a PDF document...but when I started printing page 3 instead of page 1, it worked.  Weird, kind of frustrating, but in the end I am getting what I need.

HP Recommended

Hi ! I have all Windows updates installled.  My Deskjet 2135 is USB connected.only excel files won't print.

HP Recommended

no, that doesn't work.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.