Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I received a printout Important Printer Setup Instructions

1.  Go to hpconnected.com  

2,  Create an account - I already have a hp account.  Do I need to do something again? How?

3. Seclect the Devices tab - I never saw this screen or tab

4. Enter printer's claim code: [Personal Information Removed]

Can you help me go from #2-#4?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi db-sb,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums.  I understand that you got a page with important setup instructions and to go to hpconnected.com. 

You would have received that page when you enabled web services for your printer.  Web services can be enabled when your printer is connected by an ethernet cable to the modem/router or when connected to your home wireless network.  I have included a document about why you would want to sign up for HP Connected.

Why Do I have to Connect to the Internet and Sign Up for HP Connected?

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03919062

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

109 REPLIES 109
HP Recommended

Hi,

If you already have an account, when you logon you can see your account information. You don't need do again. Your account should have few tabs, click Device tab you will get many information as shown in the followjng image:

1. Your account name, normally your login id or email address,

2. Device tab

3. Your printer(s) with printer model and its email address,

4. Now you can add more printer, you need a code to add. The code is only valid for 24hrs, you will need a new code after 1 day.

devices.png

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Where is the "DEVICE" TAB

HP Recommended

how do i set this freakin thing up.  ur instructions are like chinese!

HP Recommended
Hola, soy jr
HP Recommended

I have a printed notice saying go to www.hpconnected, then select the Devices tab and click "add a Device."

I don't see a tab called "dadda device".

Help

HP Recommended

Hi!

@gkid50

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

The "Devices" tab is found once you log into HP Connected, banhien has a great screen shot of it above.  If you live outside of the USA or the UK you will have an ePrintCenter account.  In ePrintCenter you have a 'Printers' tab.  It can be found under the HP logo as per the screen shot below.

Screen Shot 2013-12-03 at 9.15.12 AM no 2.png

@bbent

I'm sorry you are having problems setting up web services for your printer.

To better assist you, would you please provide some further information:

1. What make/model/product number of HP printer do you have?
  2. How is your printer connected (USB cable, ethernet, or wireless)?
  3. What operating system is running on your computer (i.e. - Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.8, etc)?

Thank you.

Guide to finding your product number

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/findModel?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=ca&lang=en

@ChuyMorales0001

Welcome to the HP Support Forums.

To better aid you, would you please supply some further data;

1. What is the make/model/product number of your HP Printer?
  3. What operating system is running on your computer (i.e. - Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.8, etc)?
  4. Have you encountered any error messages?  If so what is the error message and at what step did you receive it?

Thank you.

Guide to finding your product number

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/findModel?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=ca&lang=en

@bill0999

I'm sorry you are having problems in trying to add your HP printer to your HP Connected account.

The 'Devices' tab can be found once you log into your HP Connected account.  Banhien has a great screen shot above of where to find the devices tab and where the "Add A Device" button can be located.

Regards,
Happytohelp

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

hi i'm setting up

HP Recommended

Hi rgbilby,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums.  I understand that you are just setting up the ePrint feature for your printer.

To better assist you, would you please provide some further information:

1. What is the make/model/product number of your HP printer?
  3. What is the operating system running on your computer?
  4. Are you going to be sending print jobs from any mobile devices (tablet, Smartphone, etc)? If so are they Android or Apple devices?

Thank you.

Regards,
Happytohelp

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

With my vision I have trouble seing the strange registration end question to get into this page.  Also the sound is slurred and distorted!

What is the point ?!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.