Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M183fw

I just reconnected my printer a few days ago, and now my printer is printing "Get/eSCL/ScannerStatus HTTP/1.1 Host: localhost" whenever it wants.

43 REPLIES 43
HP Recommended

Are you connecting via USB? There are several posts on other boards (Canon for instance) about the same issue and in some cases reinstalling with updated drivers fixes the problem and in other cases, disconnecting USB seems to work. Canon states this is a Microsoft issue so you might want to make sure windows is updated and the drivers on your system for USB are up to date as well.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

My issue is that mine has to use a USB as it is not a wireless. Mine is the HP Laserjet Enterprise M553 and must use the USB. The only way I can keep it from printing mult pages of that GET/eSCL/ScannerStatus  error is to unplug the USB  cable and plug it in when I need to use it. Otherwise, when I leave my computer asleep all night while I am away from my desk, it will print more than 30 pages of this error. It seems to print it everytime it "wakes up" and it started happening after I installed Windows 11 on a Windows 10 computer (which has gone horribly wrong from the start and ruined all manner of files and programs)

HP Recommended

My issue is the same as WildeWon15 except my Brother MFCL2750 is connected to a NEW Windows 11 computer.  This is ridiculous.  Wasting a lot of paper. 

HP Recommended

Jdove,

I am seeing this across many different printer sites, including Brother, HP and Canon.  I haven't seen it on Epson yet, but that doesn't mean it isn't there. It just means it hasn't populated in my Google searches for a repair. 😞  I upgraded to Windows 11 in December and not only  has my laser printer been affected (none of my HP inkjets that are wireless/non-USB connected are even affected.  Just this Laserjet that is USB connected) , but it also locked up my UPS Worldship program and deleted my last 4 months of database information. Now everytime that UPS worldship tries to do a patch update (that cannot be stopped), it will throw an SQL Service Server Error and it is a minimum of 3 hours of tech support before they relent and uninstall UPS Worldship and reinstall it. Each time I have lost my database (all of my shipping records) so this Windows 11 is looking like it is the Covid 19 for computers to me.

HP Recommended

JDove,

I am WildeWan15 but it won't allow me to log in for some reason so I had to create a new profile.

HP Recommended

Has there been a resolution to this problem?

HP Recommended

None that I can see other than unplug the USB cable.  I can't do that because my Laserjet Enterprise M553 doesn't operate wireless so I just unplug the USB when not using and when I need to print, I plug it back in.  **edit** it will print 1 of the error page at that time (when I plug it back in)--sometimes just the single line all the way up to a full page and a half of it and then the printer will  print my intended document . Then I unplug the USB cable from the printer  again. Ridiculous solution.  Windows 11 appears to be the issue from all I can see. It started happening within 3 hours of my Windows 11 upgrade in the fall among other errors on my various programs. 

HP Recommended

It does appear to be a Windows 11 issue.  It only started for me when I upgraded to Windows 11.  I also use a USB connection but have no other option.  Very annoying and a waste of paper!

HP Recommended

Hlud15, you and I are thinking alike.  This didn't happen when I had a Windows 10 computer using the same Brother printer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.