Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 5635

Is there any way to PRINT (not scan) a photo the actual size of the picture file? I don't find any option to print at 100% size anhywhere, but I'm sure it must be there somewhere. 

All I get is Choose Paper Size, Choose Borderless on/off, blah blah blah.  I just want to print a 300-dpi 7"x9" jpeg file which onto an 8.5x11 sheet so that the IMAGE is exactly 7x9 inches.  Why is that so hard???!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@SPHB

Try / Consider

If you are using a recent version of Windows (say Vista or newer), consider using Paint.

Print the image at 100%.

Dragon Document - Help, Suggestions, and Examples:

Print - Programs_and_Methods

Sections – various, including:

• Preparation (Read first)
  • HP Photo Creations for Windows and Mac
  • Printing with Paint
    • Print Photo at Desired Size (Page 14 at this writing)

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You!

Answered? Click my post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@SPHB

Try / Consider

If you are using a recent version of Windows (say Vista or newer), consider using Paint.

Print the image at 100%.

Dragon Document - Help, Suggestions, and Examples:

Print - Programs_and_Methods

Sections – various, including:

• Preparation (Read first)
  • HP Photo Creations for Windows and Mac
  • Printing with Paint
    • Print Photo at Desired Size (Page 14 at this writing)

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You!

Answered? Click my post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

For future readers using HP Photo Creations, you can print an image at 5x7 (or another preset size) by selecting the dimensions in the Image Size menu on the printing screen.

In this screenshot, we are about to print an A4 size image on A4 paper. If we select a smaller image size, it will print with a white margin.

HP Photo Creations is a free download at www.hp.com/go/hppc.

A4-on-A4

Hope this helps,

RocketLife

RocketLife, developer of HP Photo Creations
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.